Anytime dining reservation question

Nrknits

39 minutes ago, Nrknits said:

If you make a reservation in anytime dining, does it have to be for a table to accommodate the number in your party (ie., 2, 4, etc_) or can you reserve a table to share?  

In my experience,  reservations are for your party size.  No way to make a reservation to share with others - unless you've met them along the way, and make a reservation together.  

44 minutes ago, Nrknits said:

If you make a reservation in anytime dining, does it have to be for a table to accommodate the number in your party (ie., 2, 4, etc_) or can you reserve a table to share?  

Yes, you can request a table to share, ie, two to share. We have done it many times.

12 hours ago, satxdiver said:

Reserving ATD tables is up to the maitre'd and varies by ship.   

Exactly! Some Maitre d's  only take reservations one day at a time calling in each morning, some only for dining times before and after certain hours, sometimes only certain size tables, and once not at all.

12 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Don't worry....enjoy your cruise.....you will not go hungry.

I'm not sure what you are replying to, I am not at all concerned about going hungry.  I was simply asking about how the reservation system works on anytime dining.  This will be my 29th Princess cruise and I have never been hungry on a cruise yet.  We have had anytime dining and stood in line, as I said, I was wondering about the reservation system, not where or when I'd get fed

16 hours ago, Desert Cruizers said:

We have anytime Dining on the Emerald next March but have two others couples that have been linked to our reservation so we plan to go to the dining room soon after boarding to arrange our table for all of us. I hope it works out. 

You would have to go when the times are listed in the embarkation day Patter to meet the Maitre d. Usually in one of the DR’s between 2pm and 3:30pm. That’s when he takes care of passenger issues such as yours.