Seaside Aurea Drink Package Upgrade Question

livingis2me

We are a family of four cruising in an Aurea whirlpool suite on the Seaside. 2 adults and two children.  We are looking to upgrade to the Deluxe Drink Package so that we can enjoy those chocolate martinis in Venchi, the ice cream bars and the room mini bar.  Does anyone know how the upgrade would work in our situation?  From my understanding it would be $8 per day for my wife and I to upgrade.  $112 for the 7 night cruise.  What about the kids? Do they need to upgrade anything? I'm not seeing a deluxe children's package.  And if they are not upgrading, how would that work with the mini bar?  Would we have restricted access to it?  Would the kid's be able to get those ice cream bars or gelato sundaes?  I know there have been many drink package threads but I am not finding answers to these questions on any of those threads. Thanks!

This is a bit difficult for anyone here to answer, you really should call MSC.  Based on the upgrade policy FAQ for the Drinks On Us package it looks like the kids don't have to upgrade:

What if my traveling companion doesn’t drink, do they still have to purchase the All-Inclusive DELUXE package as well if I want to upgrade?
Yes, if they are in the same stateroom as you. The All-Inclusive DELUXE drink package must be purchased by all stateroom guests, 21 years of age and older, for the duration of the cruise.

"Gelato in a cup or cone" is included with Deluxe package, I don't think the bars are included.  It may be necessary for an adult to purchase these with their upgraded Deluxe card rather than using the child's card.
Edited by Até

17 hours ago, livingis2me said:

We are a family of four cruising in an Aurea whirlpool suite on the Seaside. 2 adults and two children.  We are looking to upgrade to the Deluxe Drink Package so that we can enjoy those chocolate martinis in Venchi, the ice cream bars and the room mini bar.  Does anyone know how the upgrade would work in our situation?  From my understanding it would be $8 per day for my wife and I to upgrade.  $112 for the 7 night cruise.  What about the kids? Do they need to upgrade anything? I'm not seeing a deluxe children's package.  And if they are not upgrading, how would that work with the mini bar?  Would we have restricted access to it?  Would the kid's be able to get those ice cream bars or gelato sundaes?  I know there have been many drink package threads but I am not finding answers to these questions on any of those threads. Thanks!

you don't nee upgrade for kids. Just use your card . I never use my DD card card any way . 

4 hours ago, Até said:

This is a bit difficult for anyone here to answer, you really should call MSC.  Based on the upgrade policy FAQ for the Drinks On Us package it looks like the kids don't have to upgrade:

What if my traveling companion doesn’t drink, do they still have to purchase the All-Inclusive DELUXE package as well if I want to upgrade?
Yes, if they are in the same stateroom as you. The All-Inclusive DELUXE drink package must be purchased by all stateroom guests, 21 years of age and older, for the duration of the cruise.

"Gelato in a cup or cone" is included with Deluxe package, I don't think the bars are included.  It may be necessary for an adult to purchase these with their upgraded Deluxe card rather than using the child's card.

I hesitate to call MSC as many reps don’t seem to have a firm grasp on these types of things.  I figured that we may have to be present when the girls to get the ice cream bars without paying extra for them. One of my girls is 17 and will be out and about most of the time. I was hoping that she wouldn’t have any trouble grabbing one when she pleased. Oh well....

Unless things have changed since last December, with your upgrade the kids will have the proper status on their card.  My wife and I upgraded to the deluxe, and our kids were able to get whatever they wanted from the gelato bars, etc. They were 8 and 5 at the time, but liked to feel special using their cards. They got the gelato bars, sundaes, milkshakes, etc. without ever a question. We sail again over Thanksgiving in exactly the same situation (whirlpool suite with 4 of us, upgrading the two adults to deluxe). I will let you know how that goes.

22 hours ago, slei15 said:

Unless things have changed since last December, with your upgrade the kids will have the proper status on their card.  My wife and I upgraded to the deluxe, and our kids were able to get whatever they wanted from the gelato bars, etc. They were 8 and 5 at the time, but liked to feel special using their cards. They got the gelato bars, sundaes, milkshakes, etc. without ever a question. We sail again over Thanksgiving in exactly the same situation (whirlpool suite with 4 of us, upgrading the two adults to deluxe). I will let you know how that goes.

Thanks! I would appreciate that.