MSC Seaside failed to deliver my CC Meet & Mingle Invite!

FireEMT978

Hey everybody,

If, you happen to be cruising the Seaside. I would be very sure of the time schedules for the Black Card Party, and the CC Meet & Mingle.

I had done my best to speak with guest services, and any staff I could during the first day of the cruise. 

There was not anybody that could give me the same answer, as to a day/time of when the CC Meet & Mingle would be. They all  said that I would receive my invite the evening before, in my cabin. 

Guess what. I heard, after the fact, that it was a great time. Never received my invite, although guest services verified that I was on the "list". 

They put the blame on housekeeping, for not getting it distributed to us. 

I went into this cruise with a VERY open mind. Just sooo many things about this cruise.

Unfortunately, after the last week, it appears that MSC will be a "One, and done" for me.

Anybody that has questions as to why, feel free to ask.

Didn't sail YC. Had a Fantastica cabin, with Bella experience.

Edited by FireEMT978

At Xmas on Seaside they failed to leave our Black card party invite and also blamed House keeping! They did however send us a further bottle of prosecco and a further two chocolate ships after we spoke to the VC rep.

Sorry that happened to you.  

My last cruise I was in the Deluxe Owners suite on NCL Epic.  

After I got home, my cousin who is also my TA, asked how we enjoyed the slot tournament.  I asked her what she meant and she said she had purchased entries for the three of us. We had never received them she refunds from NCL - but of course we did not have that enjoyment. Things happen…

Unfortunately this is not uncommon.  I usually post my cabin number and tell fellow cruisers to call me if they do not receive an invitation in their cabin.  There are over 80 in our Roll Call so I may be getting a lot of calls!  I sure hope I get my invite.  Bob

Actually,

Except for a very nice ship. 

MSC Seaside failed deliver on anything we had hoped for.

Seemed to be a common opinion from the other US cruisers also.

As stated, went in with a very open mind.

But unfortunately, I feel as if I should have spent my time, and hard earned money on another line.

Nobody said that was why we cruise.

It was more a "Comment" to open a larger discussion. 

But, I'm glad you don't.

This was more of a "things" that "MSC failed to deliver" on our cruise. 

But, I don't know how to edit the title.

Edited by FireEMT978

5 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Hey everybody,

If, you happen to be cruising the Seaside. I would be very sure of the time schedules for the Black Card Party, and the CC Meet & Mingle.

I had done my best to speak with guest services, and any staff I could during the first day of the cruise. 

There was not anybody that could give me the same answer, as to a day/time of when the CC Meet & Mingle would be. They all  said that I would receive my invite the evening before, in my cabin. 

Guess what. I heard, after the fact, that it was a great time. Never received my invite, although guest services verified that I was on the "list". 

They put the blame on housekeeping, for not getting it distributed to us. 

I went into this cruise with a VERY open mind. Just sooo many things about this cruise.

Unfortunately, after the last week, it appears that MSC will be a "One, and done" for me.

Anybody that has questions as to why, feel free to ask.

Didn't sail YC. Had a Fantastica cabin, with Bella experience.

Confused on the room...both Fantastica and Bella are experiences. 

Was your cabin upgraded at some point?

6 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Confused on the room...both Fantastica and Bella are experiences. 

Was your cabin upgraded at some point?

Yes, It was.

I was on a comped cruise, through URComped. It was booked as a "Bella interior". But, I was upgraded to a "Fantastica balcony" cabin. So, the "Bella" experience still applied.

Edited by FireEMT978
Spelling

Which cabin were you assigned to when you registered with CC for the Meet & Mingle?

If you were in the Bella Interior and you did not go back to CC and change the cabin information after you upgraded, your invitation could have been delivered to the Interior cabin.

I don't think anyone would expect MSC to question the list they get from CC.

People are supposed to give CC their correct information, and CC is supposed to send the correct information to MSC. I can't see MSC checking each and every person on the list in case someone either transposed their room number or had an upgrade after registering. 

All they are responsible to do is to host the event and to deliver the invites to the cabins as indicated on the list.

21 minutes ago, SeaShark said:

Which cabin were you assigned to when you registered with CC for the Meet & Mingle?

If you were in the Bella Interior and you did not go back to CC and change the cabin information after you upgraded, your invitation could have been delivered to the Interior cabin.

We were upgraded immediately, upon our first cabin placement. 

And, as stated. This entire cruise "failed to deliver" properly for us. I wanted to change the title, but I don't know how.

1 minute ago, SeaShark said:

I don't think anyone would expect MSC to question the list they get from CC.

People are supposed to give CC their correct information, and CC is supposed to send the correct information to MSC. I can't see MSC checking each and every person on the list in case someone either transposed their room number or had an upgrade after registering. 

All they are responsible to do is to host the event and to deliver the invites to the cabins as indicated on the list.

MSC had my information and cabin # correct. Guest services just stated that it was housekeepings error, and left it at that. I did as much as I could to ensure that our experience would be as it should have been.

SeaShark's question pertains to what cabin number you registered with Cruise Critic in the Meet & Mingle form.   It does have some bearing on the situation.

Edited by Até

5 minutes ago, Até said:

SeaShark's question pertains to what cabin number you registered with Cruise Critic in the Meet & Mingle form.   It does have some bearing on the situation.

As previously stated. CC and MSC had my cabin # correct. It was a failure of "Somebody" to deliver it to me. CC, had given MSC the correct cabin # on their list. The cabin # NEVER changed. And, MSC guest services said that they had it on their computer, but housekeeping dropped the ball. 

23 minutes ago, Até said:

Thanks for the clarification.  As I stated it has happened before.  I do look forward to a more detailed review.

Ate' ,

I will be doing a more thorough review within the next couple of days. I figured that I should wait until I am not so tired, and ornery. I know I will get flamers, and loyalist's trying to bash me for my views. But, I will do one in the next couple of days.

Fire ... Why is it you have accepted that Housekeeping were responsible for "dropping the ball" just because customer services says so!

I will try and speak to our friend who is the Deputy Manager of Housekeeping on the ship and see if he can throw any light on to why invites do not get delivered.

In the mean time maybe you avail us of some of the things you say were a let down to you.

6 hours ago, SeaShark said:

Thanks for stating this, I did not think about updating it.  My cabins on all of my MSC cruises have changed so I had better get the info updated. 

Edited by ready2cruzagain

8 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

Nobody said that was why we cruise.

It was more a "Comment" to open a larger discussion. 

But, I'm glad you don't.

This was more of a "things" that "MSC failed to deliver" on our cruise. 

But, I don't know how to edit the title.

Such as what?  Confused as to what "things" MSC failed to deliver.  Without you stating, we are all just guessing other than the CC M & M mess up.

16 hours ago, sidari said:

At Xmas on Seaside they failed to leave our Black card party invite and also blamed House keeping! They did however send us a further bottle of prosecco and a further two chocolate ships after we spoke to the VC rep.

Since they don't have a respect for loyal customers and give this Black status to anyone, we are not even going to those parties any more.