Booking party of 3 for Teppanyaki-Breakaway

Dawnya00

Hi there. I am unable to book my party of 3 for Teppanyaki; 3 and 7 aren't available in the dropdown. Does anyone know why? I reached out to my PCC and she couldn't figure it out but suggested I buy 4 and cancel one later or buy 2 and add a person on the ship. I sail in Feb, both options seem odd.

This is the first time we are sailing as an 'odd' number and I am really surprised how hard getting reservations is. Our night is Cagney's was goofy too, only could seat us at 9pm but if I were with 4 or 2, I had all options.

Do you have the specialty dining package? If you do, it will likely allow you to book for 4 with no charge. That’s what I did. Had a group of 3 and only options were to book for 2 or 4 ahead of the cruise. Made all reservations for 4 and told them on the ship on the first day that we only needed them for 3. It wasn’t a problem.

if you are paying when you book, try calling.

For a la carte restaurants, book for more than you have -- that is what we do. NCL's reservation system is a joke with this sort of thing. 

I tried calling the pre-cruise concierge and they weren't able to book for three people except for 8:30 or 9:00. But I can book for four at other times. 

If you are okay with doing so, book for four for Teppanyaki and then cancel on board. You may need to pay the cost up front, but that should be refunded to you as long as you cancel as soon as you get on board. 

We always travel as a group of 3, and as long as we are booking ASAP when online booking opens, we've been able to book for party of 3. After that, all goes to even numbers, as you are experiencing.  If you call you can book for 3. Online, you can just book for 4 (and unless you have a dining package, you'd be paying for 4), and then cancel one for a refund when you get on the ship. I would not book for 2 and try to add the 3rd, or you might not be able to.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, LaCal said:

We’re in the same situation and even when I called directly the rep couldn’t book 3 of us on her end 

We booked 2 of us and will be make changes once onboard ASAP 

For the Teppanyaki restaurant, I would book four and then change it to three when you board the ship, otherwise they might not have room for one more if you book for two, since seats are limited.

Thanks everyone. I went with the 'book for 4 option' and will cancel as soon as we check in or board; that said, if anyone wants to join us in that extra seat! :classic_biggrin:

I am also going to change my reservation for Cagney's to make it for 4 as the late 9:00pm doesn't work for us.

Dawnya

23 hours ago, Dawnya00 said:

Hi there. I am unable to book my party of 3 for Teppanyaki; 3 and 7 aren't available in the dropdown. Does anyone know why? I reached out to my PCC and she couldn't figure it out but suggested I buy 4 and cancel one later or buy 2 and add a person on the ship. I sail in Feb, both options seem odd.

This is the first time we are sailing as an 'odd' number and I am really surprised how hard getting reservations is. Our night is Cagney's was goofy too, only could seat us at 9pm but if I were with 4 or 2, I had all options.

Pick up the phone and call. They will make you a reservation for three.

• 4 weeks later...

It's strange, but when we were able to book our dining reservations for Teppanyaki, Moderno, Cagney's and Ocean Blue, I was able to make reservations for 3 for our upcoming cruise on the Breakaway Jan 17th. Hmmm. I did make the reservations the first day they were available for our cruise if that helps. I just went back to see what I could book now and the party choices were 1,2,4,6,8. You could do one reservation for 2 and one reservation for 1!

On 10/22/2018 at 1:16 PM, Dawnya00 said:

Thanks everyone. I went with the 'book for 4 option' and will cancel as soon as we check in or board; that said, if anyone wants to join us in that extra seat! :classic_biggrin:

I am also going to change my reservation for Cagney's to make it for 4 as the late 9:00pm doesn't work for us.

Dawnya

Try booking for 4 people, once you are confirmed call NCL and have them change it to 3 they should put the credit back on the same credit card that you booked the 4 with.