Book an Azamara Cruise on X?

prim8keeper

Just now, Phxazzcruisers said:

we have done it on several cruises and never had an issue.  

Thank you! That is good to know. When you read the fine print it says you have to book on an Azamara sailing, but I wasn't sure how accurate that was. In my reading it also seemed like you can combine the points from Azamara and X, is that true?

Yes points from X and Azamara are combined, it doesn’t matter whether you book with X, a TA or Azamara.  I would recommend that you know before you book exactly what you want (cabin type, location) and what AZ offerings are for onboard booking.  

The future cruise consultants on X,  Royal & AZ are well versed on the ships of the line they work for they are not necessarily knowledgeable on the other lines.

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Yes points from X and Azamara are combined, it doesn’t matter whether you book with X, a TA or Azamara.  I would recommend that you know before you book exactly what you want (cabin type, location) and what AZ offerings are for onboard booking.  

The future cruise consultants on X,  Royal & AZ are well versed on the ships of the line they work for they are not necessarily knowledgeable on the other lines.

Thank you! We have already identified the sailing, etc. but like you said, my concern was the person on X not necessarily knowing how it all worked. Either way I'm very excited to learn that you can combine points. Opens up a whole new world of cruising.

19 minutes ago, prim8keeper said:

Thank you! That is good to know. When you read the fine print it says you have to book on an Azamara sailing, but I wasn't sure how accurate that was. In my reading it also seemed like you can combine the points from Azamara and X, is that true?

yes, the point are definitely combinable. !!!

2 hours ago, prim8keeper said:

Has anyone had any luck booking an Azamara cruise on board X to get the reduced deposit and discount? It seems like sometimes the future cruise office struggles just to book X cruises. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

I just did it this month on Equinox. When my loyalty number was entered, the computer automatically gave the reduced deposit, onboard booking bonus OBC, and  % discount appropriate to our loyalty level. (Celebrity and Azamara use same loyalty number)

16 hours ago, prim8keeper said:

Has anyone had any luck booking an Azamara cruise on board X to get the reduced deposit and discount? It seems like sometimes the future cruise office struggles just to book X cruises. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi prim8keeper.  I’ll give you my fairly recent experience booking an Azamara cruise on Celebrity together with some advice.  I used the Future Cruise Sales Manager on Constellation. Obviously she didn’t know much about or wanted to sell an Azamara cruise.  So go armed with all the information available so you don’t get fobbed off.

Two things I never really sorted out on Constellation with her.  First was a reduced deposit applicable to the cabin.  It should have been 50% reduced deposit for me as I was in the U.K.  I just left it because final payment would become due in a month or two.  Secondly, if you book a cruise onboard in the first half of the trip you should get $300 OBC instead of the standard $200.  Try as I did she never got this right.  Said she would come back to me, but didn’t.  So I sorted it out with my Azamara contact when I got back home and they adjusted it from $200 to $300.  When I was on Constellation and booked it in the first half they should have input the code CRUISENOW2 to indicate this, but the FCSM wouldn’t be told.  

It was all very frustrating.  As I said just go armed.  Hopefully you won’t have Eunice Useless like I did.

Phil

Edited by excitedofharpenden

15 hours ago, floridafolks said:

I just did it this month on Equinox. When my loyalty number was entered, the computer automatically gave the reduced deposit, onboard booking bonus OBC, and  % discount appropriate to our loyalty level. (Celebrity and Azamara use same loyalty number)

Thank you for this. We are actually on Equinox next month so this gives me some hope that things can go smoothly.

1 hour ago, excitedofharpenden said:

Hi prim8keeper.  I’ll give you my fairly recent experience booking an Azamara cruise on Celebrity together with some advice.  I used the Future Cruise Sales Manager on Constellation. Obviously she didn’t know much about or wanted to sell an Azamara cruise.  So go armed with all the information available so you don’t get fobbed off.

Two things I never really sorted out on Constellation with her.  First was a reduced deposit applicable to the cabin.  It should have been 50% reduced deposit for me as I was in the U.K.  I just left it because final payment would become due in a month or two.  Secondly, if you book a cruise onboard in the first half of the trip you should get $300 OBC instead of the standard $200.  Try as I did she never got this right.  Said she would come back to me, but didn’t.  So I sorted it out with my Azamara contact when I got back home and they adjusted it from $200 to $300.  When I was on Constellation and booked it in the first half they should have input the code CRUISENOW2 to indicate this, but the FCSM wouldn’t be told.  

It was all very frustrating.  As I said just go armed.  Hopefully you won’t have Eunice Useless like I did.

Phil

Thank you Phil! This is honestly kind of what I expected/what I am afraid will happen. Sometimes when booking X cruises I feel like I know more than the on board sales staff. So I figured booking a non-X cruise could be an interesting situation to say the least. 

31 minutes ago, prim8keeper said:

Thank you for this. We are actually on Equinox next month so this gives me some hope that things can go smoothly.

Thank you Phil! This is honestly kind of what I expected/what I am afraid will happen. Sometimes when booking X cruises I feel like I know more than the on board sales staff. So I figured booking a non-X cruise could be an interesting situation to say the least. 

If you are on the ship and have internet access readily available and a question crops up you can't sort then post it on the Azamara forum. It should get picked up there. Hopefully though you won't need to. Just do a search on the Azamara website before you go with the words "cruise again", which is what they now call the program. 

Phil 

20 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

If you are on the ship and have internet access readily available and a question crops up you can't sort then post it on the Azamara forum. It should get picked up there. Hopefully though you won't need to. Just do a search on the Azamara website before you go with the words "cruise again", which is what they now call the program. 

Phil 

We will have internet so that’s a great tip. Thank you!

1 hour ago, prim8keeper said:

I went armed with data, expecting an experience like Phil described.  I was actually shocked that it was so smooth and easy. I dealt with Margarita on Equinox.  As I am not as familiar with Azamara cabins, she even suggested which cabins in my category we might like better and why.  -One of my best onboard booking experiences!  Good luck.