Difference between Fantastica and Aurea Experiences

tjunmin

I'm new to MSC and read on the MSC website the differences between Fantastica and Aurea experiences:

• All-inclusive unlimited drinks
  • My Choice Dining
  • A Spa package
  • Access to the private sun deck
  • Priority boarding & luggage on embarkation day
  • An stateroom with bathrobe and slippers

My spouse and I do not drink, will not use the Spa package, and will not use the private sun deck (do not enjoy tanning). I'm looking into an itinerary on the Orchestra, either on a suite with Aurea experience or a balcony with Fantastica experience. For the more expensive option, it seems like we'll get a bit more space in the cabin, and the only additional perks will be My Choice Dining, priority boarding on embarkation day, and bathrobe/slippers; it sounds like a lot of money for such little difference. Is there anything else that is not stated on the MSC website, which would make it worth for us to pay for a suite with Aurea experience instead of balcony with Fantastica experience?

Thanks in advance for your insight!

Edited by tjunmin

You seem to have the idea.  The big things you're paying for between Fantastica and Aurea are the cabin size, drinks package and flexible dining times, which on some smaller ships was at times/ships offered to Fantastica as well.  In my opinion the big one you would be paying extra for with Aurea is the drinks package.  Even as a drinker I would prefer a separation between the upper cabin types and having the drinks package included, but that is MSC for now.  Only you can determine if the perks of Aurea are of enough value to you to justify moving to that level.

We sailed the Orchestra in March in Fantastica oceanview.  IMO the cabin was quite roomy and I certainly wouldn’t spend that extra money just for a few extra square feet.  By the way, we absolutely loved the Orchestra.  One of our best cruises ever!

Aurea cabins are more expensive due to the extras that come with them such as spa access for the whole cruise, one massage each and a separate sun deck plus anytime dining and a drink package. A fantastica cabin and drink package would be much less and without the items mentioned above.