Has anyone had their Voyager's Club points expire and membership cancelled?

Stockjock

Got a bit of a status match on MSC.  They say you must cruise within 3 years or they kill your points and status.  Had a cruise scheduled for April this year, which would have kept that alive, but it had to be cancelled due to a dramatic itinerary change (from 4 nights out of Barcelona to 20 nights out of Brazil).

I was concerned that my points might expire, although I have no idea why they even do that.  They shouldn't take away points actually earned.  Anyway, the agent said that they "never" cancel Voyagers Club points and status, or at least he's never seen that happen in 4-5 years with MSC.  He said this was especially the case since I have 2 future MSC cruises booked.

Logged in and guess what?  No points and no status.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It's pretty annoying, especially since the last cruise was only cancelled due to MSC's major itinerary change, which no one even bothered to tell me about, btw.

2 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Got a bit of a status match on MSC.  They say you must cruise within 3 years or they kill your points and status.  Had a cruise scheduled for April this year, which would have kept that alive, but it had to be cancelled due to a dramatic itinerary change (from 4 nights out of Barcelona to 20 nights out of Brazil).

I was concerned that my points might expire, although I have no idea why they even do that.  They shouldn't take away points actually earned.  Anyway, the agent said that they "never" cancel Voyagers Club points and status, or at least he's never seen that happen in 4-5 years with MSC.  He said this was especially the case since I have 2 future MSC cruises booked.

Logged in and guess what?  No points and no status.  Has anyone else experienced this?  It's pretty annoying, especially since the last cruise was only cancelled due to MSC's major itinerary change, which no one even bothered to tell me about, btw.

They post it on there web site 36 months with no activity and your points will expire.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, riclop said:

They post it on there web site 36 months with no activity and your points will expire.

Understood, but again they told me not to worry about that and again, only reason I couldn't do the cruise this year was due to their actions (major itinerary change).

As the agent mentioned, even thought they *can* expire, he said they "never" kill the points, especially if you have a future cruise booked.

4 minutes ago, Stockjock said:

Understood, but again they told me not to worry about that and again, only reason I couldn't do the cruise this year was due to their actions (major itinerary change).

As the agent mentioned, even thought they *can* expire, he said they "never" kill the points, especially if you have a future cruise booked.

If you ask 3  agents the same ??? you will get 3 different answers.

• Like 2

I would need more information, but assume it will be more than three years since you status matched.   If so then your only hope is the changed cruise.  I've heard about that itinerary and if it were me I 'd have found a way of making that work, but that is not relevant.  MSC US unfortunately does not provide reliable information PVC-wise and corporate policy, which you knew, would likely prevail.   If the Voyagers benefits are that significant to you your only option is to start emailing higher officials.  Best of luck.

The simple answer is Yes you lose them and that applies to everyone regardless of how you came to MSC, that is the official line regardless of what an MSC agent may or may not tell you. As "Riclop" said you will get different answers from different MSC staff especially in North America where they are still playing catch up on many things.

Every other line we have cruised with we have kept the level we have regardless of how long between sailings, my opinion is that MSC need to move to this also.

• Like 2

Yes it happened to me too I lost my status and my points despite having 3 cruises booked Ive now gone back to the start despite being a loyal MSC cruiser:classic_angry: My 3 years ran out at the end of August and my next cruise is November with MSC Because ive been loyal to MSC ive no other cruise line worth status matching with 

11 hours ago, riclop said:

If you ask 3  agents the same ??? you will get 3 different answers.

??? Why would you call different agents just to ask the same question? If they always give different answers, then how do you know which is correct?

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 3:39 PM, glittergal1 said:

Yes it happened to me too I lost my status and my points despite having 3 cruises booked Ive now gone back to the start despite being a loyal MSC cruiser:classic_angry: My 3 years ran out at the end of August and my next cruise is November with MSC Because ive been loyal to MSC ive no other cruise line worth status matching with 

I don't understand how this works. I'm used to Celebrity /Princess /Royal. According to the MSC website my membership expires in December but we cruised MSC this March and have another cruise booked for next September. Can anyone explain? 

TIA 

3 hours ago, Stockjock said:

What's strange is that my Voyager's Club logon option is gone and they ask me to join again.  However, when I click on my name and My Profile, they are there with no expiration date. 

So you still have your points?????

I had to join again so my upcoming cruise in November has one Voyagers Number  along with the points I have with that number and because i had to re join my other 2 cruises have a different number and obviously no points yet 

I was pleasantly surprised that mine didn't expire  though we cruised on Divina in May 2015 and then only recently booked another cruise for January 2019. We actually received a 5% + 15% Voyager's club discount for this sailing.

5 hours ago, Aurelija said:

I was pleasantly surprised that mine didn't expire  though we cruised on Divina in May 2015 and then only recently booked another cruise for January 2019. We actually received a 5% + 15% Voyager's club discount for this sailing.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ... :classic_biggrin:

On 10/24/2018 at 4:08 AM, Aurelija said:

HMMMMMMMMMMMM lucky you pleased for you however it now makes me even more annoyed that I lost my points :classic_sad: I know the rules are 3 years and my next cruise misses this by just over 2 months !!!!!! but I have 3 cruises booked , well 4 if you count the one MSC cancelled . 

I guess some people hit it lucky with the Voyagers and some dont

At least when I climb my way to Black I will be a true MSC Black and not a status match black (not that it will mean anything either)

Bloody silly system losing points No other line does this 

Anyone else Kept their points????? 

GG ... have you tried contacting Roxanne at the VC in the UK office regarding this issue ? maybe you could email her explaining what happened and ask if they will reinstate your points or try ringing.

mscclub@msccruises.co.uk

5 hours ago, sidari said:

GG ... have you tried contacting Roxanne at the VC in the UK office regarding this issue ? maybe you could email her explaining what happened and ask if they will reinstate your points or try ringing.

mscclub@msccruises.co.uk

I emailed as soon as I discovered that my Voyagers had disappeared , I was just told because I hadnt sailed within the 3 years it had expired .