Magdalena Island tour

AryMay

A group of us from the Zaandam (Jan. 30th cruise) had booked with GV Tours to go to Magdalena and Marta Islands on Wednesday, February 6, 2019. In early September we all got an email saying our tour was cancelled since the boat that they charter for the tour was no longer available. We had paid in advance and our money was refunded but everyone was left to look for a new tour.

Are there any others who have this tour booked? Just wondering if it was only our day that was affected or it it was the whole season.  I have another tour booked with GV Tours in Puerto Montt and get a little nervous based on some of the TA reviews that I've read.

While I don't know about GV Tours' Magdalena Island tour for the upcoming season I was booked with them for March 9 this year. Our tour was cancelled with no notice so we did not find out until we met the GV Tours representative on the dock at Punta Arenas. We had the Bus Promo Tour booked with them in Puerto Montt so we were very apprehensive but we were met at the port exit by GV Tours and we had an enjoyable tour to Petrohue Falls, Puerto Varas and Fruttilar. Hope you have a great day in Puerto Montt!

Edited by PurpleTraveller

Another member mentioned that GV Tours stated the boat they contract/use in Punta Arenas is no longer available for the season so all tours were cancelled through them for this specific tour. Other tour operators are still offering this tour so you can rebook with one of them if you all still want to go.