Snorkeling in Aruba

lhargrove62

Snorkeling in Aruba:  We booked Sailaway tours and were looking forward to a great day.  We took a taxi and it cost $16.00 per taxi.   There were 7 of us and they were not able to take more than 5 people per taxi so we had to get two.  They told us to get there at 8:30 and we would sail at 9:30.    My husband recently had knee surgery and we wanted to make sure he had a good spot to sit on the boat.  We wanted to make sure he was comfortable.   We got there right at 8:30. When we got there they asked me why were there so early.   We waited for about 45 minutes and then they got us ready to go.  We had to get into a smaller boat which took us to the boat for our tour.   The smaller boat was not too small, and it was not hard to get in to it.   It was a little challenging to get into the large boat, but too difficult.   Once on board we choose our spot and settled in.   The girls got onto the nets at the front of the boat.  It was fun, but the ropes are not as comfortable as the netting on a catamaran.  Make sure you have something to sit on or a dress over your bathing suit.    The bar opened the minute we left port and the party started.   We stopped at 3 different spots to snorkel.   I enjoyed all three spots.    The rope swing was opened during the 3rd stop.   I didn’t get to try it because it was open while I was snorkeling.  But a couple people from my group tried it and had fun.  After the 3rd spot they had lunch ready.    I was very surprised at how much I enjoyed the lunch.  The chicken was so good!  The rice was excellent.  We all really enjoyed it.    The staff on board were great and we had a great time.  I would sail with Sailaway again.   When we got back to ended up taking a bus pack to the port.  It was only $3.00 per person.  Much cheaper than the taxi’s. 

• Thanks 1