Diving in Dominican Republic

lhargrove62

Diving in the Dominican Republic:  We used Coral Point Dive shop.   I was a little apprehensive about diving in the DR.   People had told us not to expect much.  There isn’t a lot to see etc.   I was worried.  We only get to dive 2 days when we go on a cruise and I didn’t want to waste one day on a bad dive.   We could not have been happier with the day we had.  We booked with Coral Point dive shop.  It was about 30 minutes away from the cruise port.  We had to take a taxi, which was pretty expensive.  But, after paying for the taxi it was still cheaper to dive with Coral Point than it was to dive with the cruise ship.  So, we chose to go with the taxi.  Coral Point arranged the taxi for us. They were waiting for us with a sign when we got off the ship.  It was very easy.   One thing to know- we were charged 26.00 as an exit fee when we left the port.  I was not aware of that charge.  I was lucky I had a little extra money on me.   That was a surprise.  The taxi took us right to the dive shop.  We were taken care of the minute we got there.   We dove with Joanna- I hope I am spelling that right.   Joanna gave us a great predive talk and really helped us get ready.    We had 3 divers and 1 snorkeler with us, Joanna and the captain.   No one else was on the boat with us for our first dive.   The minute we were in the water we knew we had made a great choice.  What a great dive.   Joanna was great, the water was clear and the dive was so much fun.    For our interval we went back to the dive shop.  We were able to get into the ocean and relax while we waited.   A few other people got on the boat with us.   They were their own group.   When we dove it was just us and Joanna again.  Off we went for our second dive.  It was even better.   We dove around a shipwreck, then left for a while and then came back to the ship wreck for the end of our dive.   We had a blast.  So much to see.    When we got done Coral Point called the taxi back for us. 

The taxi took us right back to the cruise port.   It was a wonderful day.  I would dive with Coral Point again in a heartbeat.   Joanna ranks as one of our favorite dive guides.