NCL Customer Service Not What It Used To Be

Chbaynes8

Yesterday, after an unfortunate water main issue for the Norwegian Epic,  my 83-year-old mother and I had a toilet bowl overflow flood in our room through no fault of our own. The situation got immediate attention but we were told to just get on the beds while they worked on it.  No apologies, no acknowledgment by those working on it. This occurred at about 9:30 PM. It took until 10:30 for them to offer another state room after asking.  We were provided the room for “sleeping purposes only” and told to take only what we needed for the night. Today is a day at sea. This morning, we discovered upon our return (as there was NO communication from the housekeeping staff), that our room has the carpet torn up and blowers going. We were informed we must be out of the current loaner room later today. We checked in with the Guest Service and were told there were no emergency rooms (upgrade or otherwise) on board and our temp room is needed for incoming guests boarding in Naples. I have asthma. This musty room situation is unacceptable but they have offered no more than a $200 credit to our account. “Freestyle Cruising” seems to be an excuse for disorganization and dismissals. Shame NCL....shame.

I am not quite sure what you expected them to do if there are no more cabins available. I happen to think the $200 OBC should be welcomed. I  know it is a true pain in the rear for you, but what else can they do? Obviously they have to get the carpets dried and stuff does happen. Hope you can relax and enjoy the rest of your cruise  

Assuming you are still aboard...  have a chat with the Hotel Director if you haven't already done so...  You may get better satisfaction from him.  Sometimes you do have to climb the ladder to get the proper service unfortunately.  

5 minutes ago, newmexicoNita said:

I am not quite sure what you expected them to do if there are no more cabins available. I happen to think the $200 OBC should be welcomed. I  know it is a true pain in the rear for you, but what else can they do? Obviously they have to get the carpets dried and stuff does happen. Hope you can relax and enjoy the rest of your cruise  

Don’t get me wrong. The $200 OBC is welcomed. I am a Global Planning Manager for a multi billion $ a year company and happen to be a fan of Customer Service and delivery. When those cannot be met, a little more contrition would be nice. Doing what I can to relax...thanks for your totally unhelpful comment. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cliffd64 said:

Assuming you are still aboard...  have a chat with the Hotel Director if you haven't already done so...  You may get better satisfaction from him.  Sometimes you do have to climb the ladder to get the proper service unfortunately.  

9 minutes ago, cliffd64 said:

9 minutes ago, cliffd64 said:

To cliff....thank you. Good idea and I will do that. The head of housekeeping was not as forthcoming. 

5 hours ago, Chbaynes8 said:

Don’t get me wrong. The $200 OBC is welcomed. I am a Global Planning Manager for a multi billion $ a year company and happen to be a fan of Customer Service and delivery. When those cannot be met, a little more contrition would be nice. Doing what I can to relax...thanks for your totally unhelpful comment. 

What more are you looking for?  Make sure you tell the Hotel Director what you want.

5 hours ago, Chbaynes8 said:

thanks for your totally unhelpful comment. 

That's what they do best.

Don't worry someone will be along soon to comment on your low post count and paste some snippet from the cruise contract and say "You signed a legally binding contract".

Edited by LD Silver
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, LD Silver said:

Don't worry someone will be along soon to comment on your low post count and paste some snippet from the cruise contract and say "You signed a legally binding contract".

Yes, the NCL cheerleaders will be posting away.

I'm sorry a $200 OBC for something that was not my fault and being in a room that flooded, with carpet now torn up and air blowers on just doesn't cut it imo. had I been the cause of an over flowed toilet, different story.

I'm stunned that these cruise ships, not just NCL, cruise at a capacity that there are no available cabins in case of issues, you would think they would have at least 2 or 3 insides reserved for issues in other cabins. It's all about the $$$$$ 

Edited by njkate
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, njkate said:

I'm stunned that these cruise ships, not just NCL, cruise at a capacity that there are no available cabins in case of issues, you would think they would have at least 2 or 3 insides reserved for issues in other cabins. It's all about the $$$$$ 

Even if there were 3 empty staterooms, what would happen if 4 staterooms suffered a flood?

It's impossible to have enough spare staterooms to cover every situation so why try?

10 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

Even if there were 3 empty staterooms, what would happen if 4 staterooms suffered a flood?

It's impossible to have enough spare staterooms to cover every situation so why try?

good point: I am totally amazed that some do not see the possible problem here or can't understand there is only so much a cruise line can do? I wonder what the OP was thinking could be done in this situation? This is almost as bad as posters who think, because the itinerary was changed they deserve some discounts our something. And to those who want to call some of us cheerleaders. In this case that is not the point, there is just nothing more NCL could do. 

1 hour ago, newmexicoNita said:

good point: I am totally amazed that some do not see the possible problem here or can't understand there is only so much a cruise line can do? I wonder what the OP was thinking could be done in this situation? This is almost as bad as posters who think, because the itinerary was changed they deserve some discounts our something. And to those who want to call some of us cheerleaders. In this case that is not the point, there is just nothing more NCL could do. 

Two people were inconvenienced so they could of upped the OBC to 400 imo and maybe threw in a comped dinner at one of the specialty restaurants.

It comes down to customer satisfaction and retention. 

Years ago before the modern day smart phones were out I had my grand daughter on my AT&T plan, when she got a new phone they did not explain she could access the internet with it, my first bill after that sent my heart twitching as it was over $1000.

I called, they removed all the charges, they didn't have to do that, then explained I could block the internet or give her limited access. To this day I'm still with At&T, don't even shop other carriers, again customer satisfaction and retention.  

It's easy for others to say relax and try to enjoy the rest of your cruise when someone else's cabin is flooded, carpet torn up and noisy air blowers on.

Yes, crap happens, no available empty cabins so you try to compensate and in my opinion a lousy $200 obc doesn't quite cut it.

Change of itinerary is usually due to weather and safety not even close to being the same.

Edited by njkate
  • Thanks 1

It sounds like the OP is as much upset by the lack of the staff expressing any contrition for the issue. Unfortunately in today's society staff are taught to say nothing that could be used against the company and even the simplest "I'm sorry this happened" can be twisted. The other issue is the lack of communication from the staff. $200 OBC is the starting point for such an issue so I would also be elevating this to the HD. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, LD Silver said:

Yes. When you book a cruise at the peak of hurricane season,,,, and your cruise itinerary gets changed because there is a cat 4 hurricane hanging over your Mexican port of call,,,, don’t expect to get a free cruise. No matter how much you complain about San Francisco. 

And the the sooner the general cruise community understands that,

the sooner people will purchase season-appropriate insurance or accept that there are no free cruises. 

NCL Shareholder. 

Edited by BirdTravels

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Yes. When you book a cruise at the peak of hurricane season,,,, and your cruise itinerary gets changed because there is a cat 4 hurricane hanging over your Mexican port of call,,,, don’t expect to get a free cruise. No matter how much you complain about San Francisco. 

And the the sooner the general cruise community understands that,

the sooner people will purchase season-appropriate insurance or accept that there are no free cruises. 

NCL Shareholder. 

I do agree with you on the weather factor, fail to understand what it has to with o/p issue of a room flooded through no fault of hers?

By the way the NCL shareholder line does nothing to impress me, just saying.