Baggage / Luggage Storage At California Welcome Centre, Pier 39, San Francisco

Nic78

Hi All.

We have just returned from our cruise on the Grand Princess from San Francisco. While doing my research I struggled to find many details on where I could leave my luggage for the day after disembarkation so that we could enjoy San Francisco prior to our flight home. Therefore I wanted to share this info with you in the hopes that it might help others who are sailing out of/into San Fran and are planning their trips.

Just along the sea front from pier 27 is Pier 39 (about 10 mins easy walk), there you will find the California Welcome Centre (its on first floor, there is a lift on the right hand side as you walk into Pier 39), here you can leave your luggage for the day at a charge of $5 for small bags and $10 for large bags. Our luggage was stored safely and the staff there were very friendly and super helpful, the lovely lady even gave us some discount vouchers for some of the restaurants in the area which we took advantage of for lunch before leaving.

They had lots and lots of literature available so I would definitely suggest that if you are visiting San Francisco for the first time that you go to the Welcome Centre for any information on things to do and places to visit.
Happy Cruising All