The Bahamian Officials Found Us Out!

Markanddonna

2 hours ago, dread_pirate said:

"Mexican Caribbean" usually refers Cozumel/Cancun/Costa Maya and such, which cruises labeled "Western Caribbean" visit.

Yes, those are the Mexican Caribbean ports to which I was referencing.  Tours going from these ports to the Mayan ruins may be interesting for a first time visitor or repeatedly for those interested in such.  

5 hours ago, teknoge3k said:

A lot of them do, yea.

I am still perplexed at the comment above yours about the "Mexican Caribbean ports". Now that's a new one on me. Maybe people just don't understand where the Caribbean actually is... 

If you think Cozumel is in the Gulf of Mexico, think again - it is in the Caribbean Sea!

40 minutes ago, NantahalaCruiser said:

If you think Cozumel is in the Gulf of Mexico, think again - it is in the Caribbean Sea!

Cozumel? Barely but yes in the Caribbean Sea. 

Cancun could go either way. 

Progreso? Gulf of Mexico

The line separating the Gulf from the sea is the tip of the Florida Keys, along the north shore of Cuba, to the tip of the Yucatan Peninsula.

51 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Cozumel? Barely but yes in the Caribbean Sea. 

Cancun could go either way. 

Progreso? Gulf of Mexico

The line separating the Gulf from the sea is the tip of the Florida Keys, along the north shore of Cuba, to the tip of the Yucatan Peninsula.

Thanks for the geography info.

12 hours ago, Extra Kim said:

Does it matter? 

Does it matter?  No.

Some of the Mexican ports offer interesting sights beyond the port.  Good reports about beach experiences for some of them.  If one is interested in either or both venues, one should not hesitate booking a cruise that visits a Mexican port.  If one is not so interested and your ship visits such a port, stay aboard and enjoy the amenities of your ship while other guests are doing what interests them.

2 hours ago, Extra Kim said:

If you are doing a cruise in the Balearic sea, Alboran Sea and Tyrrhenian Sea or in the Aegean SeaIonian Sea and the Adriatic sea. Wouldn't you call it the west Mediterranean or the east  Mediterranean?

Who’s my targeted audience? My 7 yo grandson? Then yes, maybe. My 14 yo granddaughter? Probably not. I’d be specific in explaining where she’s about to visit.  A fellow adult who has a clue about world history and geography? Then no, I wouldn’t generalize.

On 10/24/2018 at 5:09 PM, dkjretired said:

Harder to believe you’venever Been hounded, that’s SOP in Nassau.

I got hounded once, back in 1973.

But recent trips (twice on cruises and for a week for work), NOPE.

On 10/27/2018 at 2:12 PM, dread_pirate said:

"Mexican Caribbean" usually refers Cozumel/Cancun/Costa Maya and such, which cruises labeled "Western Caribbean" visit.

I call those cruises Eastern Mexican cruises, rather than Western Caribbean.  Seems like a more accurate description!

On 10/24/2018 at 9:11 AM, evandbob said:

Yes, go back to the ship where you can get hounded by the CD trying to get you to attend worthless presentations or buy useless junk.

Choose your cruiseline more carefully and that won't happen.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I enjoyed Nassau the first time there, but didn't care to return.  Did return a few years ago and had a very nice day on Cabbage Beach....right beside Atlantis.  It was clean, free, and had a place to eat and restroom.  Got a nice lounger and umbrella for cheap.  Walked through Atlantis on the way back to the ship and, of course, had to make a monetary donation.  😉

Went to Jamaica years ago with so many aggressive "vendors" that I swore I would never return (did have a good time going up Dunn's River Falls, though).  Well, last year we went there again but I insisted that we had to go to an all-inclusive resort so we wouldn't be bombarded by locals....it was a fantastic decision!!  Great food buffet, infinity pools with free drinks and a great beach with free chairs and palapas. 

Edited by Go-Bucks!
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2018 at 10:09 AM, SRF said:

Strange.

I have never been hounded by anyone in Nassau.

Maybe you all look like saps. 😄  Joking.

Have you ever been  there?  :lol:   😄

On 10/24/2018 at 10:09 AM, SRF said: