RUBY PICS POST DRY DOCK

deliver42

1 hour ago, tailspintom said:

I received an email yesterday,  I think, on the changes. It appears that they have made the the same modifications as they did with CB.  Significant improvements in my opinion.  

I received that email also.  It said nothing about adding the specialty restaurants, Planks and Steamers,  that were added to the Caribe Cafe section of the buffet on the Caribbean Princess.

41 minutes ago, Dreamer333 said:

What improvements are they making?

From the Princess web site:

Fresh from a multi-million dollar renovation, Ruby Princess is a luminous jewel on the seas and a romantic destination in itself. She offers nearly 900 balconies from which to view the world, an array of entertainment options including Movies Under the Stars®, now with the industry's best 7.1 surround sound for an immersive audio experience, and sumptuous dining options from Crown Grill to exciting new top deck dining venues including Slice Pizzeria and Coffee & Cones.

3 hours ago, Cinerama said:

From the Princess web site:

Fresh from a multi-million dollar renovation, Ruby Princess is a luminous jewel on the seas and a romantic destination in itself. She offers nearly 900 balconies from which to view the world, an array of entertainment options including Movies Under the Stars®, now with the industry's best 7.1 surround sound for an immersive audio experience, and sumptuous dining options from Crown Grill to exciting new top deck dining venues including Slice Pizzeria and Coffee & Cones.

Thanks! I've been on the Ruby a few times and I thought she already had MUTS and the pizzeria and the ice cream stations. Maybe I'm confusing her with some of the others in the fleet.

Edited by Dreamer333

7 minutes ago, Dreamer333 said:

Thanks! I've been on the Ruby a few times and I thought she already had MUTS and the pizzeria and the ice cream stations. Maybe I'm confusing her with some of the others in the fleet.

Yeah all the ships have them, they are just being updated.

1 hour ago, Dreamer333 said:

Ruby had MUTS. We were on the last cruise before the drydock. The screen was in horrible shape and was hopefully replaced.

From the description on the Princess website, it sounds as though the World Marketplace and Planks/Steamers were not added.   They left the Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe - just like they did on Crown Princess when she underwent her dry dock.     The Caribbean Princess remains the only ship with these redone buffets.  

4 minutes ago, cruisintoddler said:

From the description on the Princess website, it sounds as though the World Marketplace and Planks/Steamers were not added.   They left the Horizon Court and Cafe Caribe - just like they did on Crown Princess when she underwent her dry dock.     The Caribbean Princess remains the only ship with these redone buffets.  

That's such a bummer!  I don't understand why they wouldn't change those things that are so highly appreciated on the Caribbean Princess.

I don't want to get into a big review of the buffets on CB.  That has been discussed elsewhere.  but - When I spoke to the head chefs on CB in July - they were in the buffet asking our opinions - my understanding from them was that reviews were poor enough that they were having to continue to revise the offering to try to find the right solution.  

Given that Princess has now not done the buffet overhaul on 2 ships indicates to me that overall the new buffet concepts on CB are not working well enough to justify putting them onto other ships.  Instead they are leaving the old until they figure out how to do the new correctly for their market.  That is a huge decision to make and indicates to me that the new concepts on CB are not meeting corporate expectations.  

18 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

Ruby had MUTS. We were on the last cruise before the drydock. The screen was in horrible shape and was hopefully replaced.

So were we.  MUTS was in bad shape and so was a lot of the furniture.

We got an email talking about the upgrades on the 21st.

The Salty Dog Grill

The Salty Dog Gastropub

Crab Shack

Slice Pizzeria

Coffee & Cones

Princess Luxury Beds

Marty

I can't figure out why I never got the email from Princess. We've had a cruise booked for a few months now (sailing in April.) I did get the confirmation email with all the booking details, but I've not gotten anything else from them.

10 hours ago, Cyn874 said:

I can't figure out why I never got the email from Princess. We've had a cruise booked for a few months now (sailing in April.) I did get the confirmation email with all the booking details, but I've not gotten anything else from them.

I wonder if they have your correct email address on your Cruise Personalizer?  You might want to check that. 

22 hours ago, WVBill said:

Is Share still there or did they change it back to Sabatini's?

Share was closed on our cruise right before dry dock

According to someone who just returned from the Ruby, Share is still there (and tasty as always!)

On 10/24/2018 at 9:56 AM, goofy559 said:

According to someone who just returned from the Ruby, Share is still there (and tasty as always!)

I just read a Princess press release that SHARE now has a refreshed menu that has more standard options or a vegetarian menu for $29.

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/ships-and-experience/food-and-dining/curtis-stone/SHARE-by-Curtis-Stone-Menu.pdf

“The six-course, fine-dining experience from award-winning Chef Curtis Stone at SHARE aboard Princess Cruises has been revamped with fresh menu offerings, including butter-poached chunks of Alaska King Crab and hard-roasted, double-boned Brown Butter Duroc Pork Chop. In addition, new "Crafted by Curtis" dishes on the main dining room menu are also rolling out fleetwide”.

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-newsArticle&ID=2373526

Edited by Astro Flyer