Requested Font Size Tool for Medium Toolbar

POA1

All -

I put in a request for them to add the Font Size tool to the medium sized toolbar. If you;d like to see that, head over to the post below by clicking the gray up arrow in the upper right corner of the post shortcut box and pile on.  There's probably only a limited amount of time before the mods close off the thread, so strike while the iron is hot. Thank you.

I gotta hand it to CC Help Jenn. It looks like she already made the change. I can see it on my phone and when I resize the window on my desktop computing machinery. 👍

3 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Thanks Brian!! 😁

You're welcome! Not all font families will support bold. Stick with the default font for best results in the bolding and italicizing area. 

well this is great!  The threads will be colorful.

does bold work? yes! and underline and underline bold. and italic and bold underline. not so noticeable.

bBB   looks like can't use bold with italic!

16 minutes ago, VMax1700 said:

does bold work? yes! and underline and underline bold. and italic and bold underline. not so noticeable.

I looked at the CSS and it is applying both the bold (font-weight of 500) and the italics (HTML em tag.)  It's just that there's not enough difference in font-weight to show in the strong + em.  Regular text has a font weight of 400. Bold is 500.  If Bold was 600, you'd see the difference as shown below in my magical little style override screenshot.

bold-italic.JPG.b495c3c17c60f618cba1e642c9ccfea5.JPG

17 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Think I have it now!!

DW and I were out to dinner on Saturday and I was telling her how hard the new design was to read and that some of the more frequent and helpful posters, like you, were having trouble with the site and were on the verge of giving up.

She said, "That's not right. You - meaning me - should do something about it."

I don't think there's any way to make your font choices sticky so that you don't have to re-apply them in each post, but I'll take the small victories.

• Like 1

Just now, Copper10-8 said:

You came through again Brian! It's starting to get old :classic_wink:

In the words of the philosopher Vanilla Ice, "If there is a problem, Yo! I'll solve it."

Sadly, I can't find anything on making our personal font choices sticky.

Just now, POA1 said:

In the words of the philosopher Vanilla Ice, "If there is a problem, Yo! I'll solve it."

Sadly, I can't find anything on making our personal font choices sticky.

You've got it pretty much back to the way it was before all this revised hoopla from a week ago! The credit is all yours Sir!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, VMax1700 said:

I put in a request for a Bold + Italic fix. I included the code, so hopefully it's something they can do pretty easily.

52 minutes ago, POA1 said:

DW and I were out to dinner on Saturday and I was telling her how hard the new design was to read and that some of the more frequent and helpful posters, like you, were having trouble with the site and were on the verge of giving up.

She said, "That's not right. You - meaning me - should do something about it."

I don't think there's any way to make your font choices sticky so that you don't have to re-apply them in each post, but I'll take the small victories.

I am a happy camper!!

For those of you using Comic Sans, please be aware that it's not defined by the site's CSS and the font is usually only on computers. On phones, it substitutes an extremely "girly" script font. No judgment here, but I'm not sure if that's the look everyone would be going for. 

Screenshot_20181022-163919.png

4 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

I am a happy camper!!

Glad to hear it. You've answered countless questions from me over the years. It's the least I could do. 

13 minutes ago, POA1 said:

For those of you using Comic Sans, please be aware that it's not defined by the site's CSS and the font is usually only on computers. On phones, it substitutes an extremely "girly" script font. No judgment here, but I'm not sure if that's the look everyone would be going for. 

Screenshot_20181022-163919.png

"Girly pink" Awesome! :classic_laugh:

Btw, you know who must be very secure in their masculinity? Male Lady Bugs 

You know who must be very secure in their masculinity? Male ladybugs.

• Haha 1

I’m using an iPad and can now see the font, size and color options; however, when I try to select size, the screen scrolls down to the bottom of the page so I no longer see the font/size/color options.  When I carefully scroll up to get back to the posting box and try again to select size, the same thing happens.  Any suggestions? 😟

35 minutes ago, Mtn2Sea said:

I’m using an iPad and can now see the font, size and color options; however, when I try to select size, the screen scrolls down to the bottom of the page so I no longer see the font/size/color options.  When I carefully scroll up to get back to the posting box and try again to select size, the same thing happens.  Any suggestions? 😟

I don't have an iPad to test this, but try to click inside posting box. And then, before you type anything, click on the Size button.  That should cause the font change to take place from the cursor insertion point forward.  Let me know if that works, because you're probably not going to be the only person who runs into that issue.

I tried clicking in the box and then on the Size button and the page still scrolls up.  I also tried typing some & then clicking on the Size button - page still scrolls.  The Bold, Italicize & Underline buttons work fine.  Oh well!