missed ports on transatlantic sailing Sept 2018 Royal Princess

redhatters

Sailed out of Southampton Sept 10, 2018 and captain had to change our course, consequently missing three ports.  We were sent a letter stating that each passenger would receive credit of $200 each for this revision.  Has anyone received this refund?

A friend who was on the same cruise said that Princess “gave us each a $200 OBC as well as 20% of what we paid towards a future cruise”

Based on that information you should have received a $200 OBC to use during your cruise plus 20% of your cruise fare as a credit towards payment for a future cruise.

Was the $200 OBC refundable?  If so on other cruises with unused refundable OBC we received a check in an envelope from Bottomline about a month after our cruise ended.

Edited by Astro Flyer

You seem to have shifted from "credit" to "refund."

On your final folio did you see the $200 credit applied to your account?  In my experience (not a missed port, but a cancelled shore excursion), Princess applies credits like this quite promptly.  If so, are you saying that your final folio showed a credit balance, and that is why you are awaiting the refund?

I have never had unused credit on my account.  So, I am only regurgitating what I have read here on Cruise Critic.  It seems that Princess does not "expedite" refunds.  However, it seems that they do go out after a month, or so.  The other thing is that the return address does not say "Princess."  These checks are prepared and mailed out by a separate processing company.  From the exterior it may look like junk mail.  So, be sure to open up all such envelopes prior to discarding them.

6 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

You seem to have shifted from "credit" to "refund."

On your final folio did you see the $200 credit applied to your account?  In my experience (not a missed port, but a cancelled shore excursion), Princess applies credits like this quite promptly.  If so, are you saying that your final folio showed a credit balance, and that is why you are awaiting the refund?

I have never had unused credit on my account.  So, I am only regurgitating what I have read here on Cruise Critic.  It seems that Princess does not "expedite" refunds.  However, it seems that they do go out after a month, or so.  The other thing is that the return address does not say "Princess."  These checks are prepared and mailed out by a separate processing company.  From the exterior it may look like junk mail.  So, be sure to open up all such envelopes prior to discarding them.

Attached is a copy of the envelope that my Veterans' rebate comes in.

Tom

Vet OBC refund envelope.pdf

10 minutes ago, Sea Day Cruiser said:

The $200 was shipboard credit which was refundable if not used on that cruise. I am still waiting for my check. So are several other people who have posted on our roll call. Princess says it takes 4 to 6 weeks. Tomorrow it will be four weeks since the end of the cruise. 

Thanks...has your 20% credit of your cruise fare been issued in your Captain’s Circle account?

1 minute ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks...has your 20% credit of your cruise fare been issued in your Captain’s Circle account?

Yes, the 20% of the cruise fare for the transAtlantic Cruise was on my account within a couple of days of arriving home. I had another cruise booked that I wanted applied to. But when I called Princess the first person I talked to said it was good only for new bookings. I told her I had still the captains letter telling us it was good for any booking   so she put me on hold to talk to someone. She came back and said it would be applied to the booking I wanted it applied to and when I checked Personalizer it was there. 

1 minute ago, Sea Day Cruiser said:

Yes, the 20% of the cruise fare for the transAtlantic Cruise was on my account within a couple of days of arriving home. I had another cruise booked that I wanted applied to. But when I called Princess the first person I talked to said it was good only for new bookings. I told her I had still the captains letter telling us it was good for any booking   so she put me on hold to talk to someone. She came back and said it would be applied to the booking I wanted it applied to and when I checked Personalizer it was there. 

That’s great!  We’ve only received such a credit one time & was able to use the amount on an already booked cruise.  Due to the swine flu scare our cruise was changed from a Mexican Riviera to a CA Coastal.  A better itinerary for us & a 50% credit towards another cruise...win, win! 😁