On line check in

slatterj

Is there a trick to do the on line check in. I make through the first couple of pages and then get an error message. Using Chrome and have cleared the history. Hard to believe but Celebrity's IT might even be worse than RC.  I know RC owns Celebrity but geez they have to invest in better tech.

Whatever browser you're using, open an InPrivate or Incognito window before doing anything like Online Check In on the X website. I tried mine with a normal window and had a similar problem. Then I opened an InPrivate window using Edge as a browser without an issue.

• Like 2

I had no trouble at all doing the online check-in! I used Safari, logged into my account, went to the appropriate cruise, clicked check-in, and filled out the required fields. The only issue was when I entered a phone number with brackets around the area code - but it corrected me when I tried to advance the page. Once I removed the brackets, it proceeded normally - that's not an IT/application issue... it's a user issue. 🙂 

I agree, they need some work on there site. I spent a few hours doing online check in, I also got error messages,  also I would get "locked out" for my security for a few mins. Microsoft edge was a lost cause, went to Google and after MANY times and hours I finally got it completed. Also, I was trying to purchase on board credit as a gift for a fellow passenger, and in the end  I just had to phone them to complete the transaction, very frustrating, but the person on the phone was very helpful. I have done everything when booking NCl and Carnival online, no problems. I have never sailed with Celebrity, I hope they improve their site.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I was just able to complete our registration. Looks like the early morning attempt was the one that worked for me. First time sailing with Celebrity so do they automatically mail you luggage tags? The button to order would not light up. 

7 minutes ago, slatterj said:

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I was just able to complete our registration. Looks like the early morning attempt was the one that worked for me. First time sailing with Celebrity so do they automatically mail you luggage tags? The button to order would not light up. 

In the past we were able to order luggage tags as we got closer to the sailing. 

Luggage tags will become available for order in the US and Canada about 45 prior to the cruise. In the past I've found that calling captains club at 800-760-0654 once they're available is more reliable than clicking the button once it's active.

57 minutes ago, sailingsusie said:

I agree, they need some work on there site. I spent a few hours doing online check in, I also got error messages,  also I would get "locked out" for my security for a few mins. Microsoft edge was a lost cause, went to Google and after MANY times and hours I finally got it completed. Also, I was trying to purchase on board credit as a gift for a fellow passenger, and in the end  I just had to phone them to complete the transaction, very frustrating, but the person on the phone was very helpful. I have done everything when booking NCl and Carnival online, no problems. I have never sailed with Celebrity, I hope they improve their site.

The site has caused problems for many. As I've posted many times regardless of which browser you use the use of Incognito windows really helps. I also find that although archaic, a phone call works better than the website, particularly when doing things that involve a monetary exchange. All that being said, the Celebrity on board experience has always been worth the inconvenience of a buggy website and hasn't disappointed us yet. Have a great trip and don't let the website issues worry you.

23 hours ago, slatterj said:

Is there a trick to do the on line check in. I make through the first couple of pages and then get an error message. Using Chrome and have cleared the history. Hard to believe but Celebrity's IT might even be worse than RC.  I know RC owns Celebrity but geez they have to invest in better tech.

If you use a Mac, the “trick” is to check in using Safari instead of Chrome.  That works for me every time, both for RC and for X.  I think that RC and X probably share an IT department.  Regardless of whether this is true, it is pretty obvious that neither RC nor X ever test their software using Chrome on a Mac.

9 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

The site has caused problems for many. As I've posted many times regardless of which browser you use the use of Incognito windows really helps. I also find that although archaic, a phone call works better than the website, particularly when doing things that involve a monetary exchange. All that being said, the Celebrity on board experience has always been worth the inconvenience of a buggy website and hasn't disappointed us yet. Have a great trip and don't let the website issues worry you.

I am over the web site issues haha. Cant wait to be on board in just a few days. I know I will LOVE it 😀😀

I just went in to my reservation to get my luggage tags on Chrome and got an error message.   I switched to internet explorer and no problem.    It all worked fine on Chrome before they moved the server 

38 minutes ago, cherylroslyn said:

Luvcrusn, what is an InPrivate window?  I'm not great with computers.

It's a window within your browser that doesn't allow tracking cookies or your browsing history to be saved. What browser are you using? If you're using Edge, click on the three littles dots in the upper right corner of your screen next to the address bar at the top and a drop down box will appear, then click New InPrivate Window. When that window opens type in celebritycruises.com and click of Check In in the upper right and proceed. If you're using Chrome,  click the three dots in the upper right and then in the drop down box click New Incognito window and proceed. 

• Like 1

Note: sometime private windows is not enough. It seems that Celebrity looks also the IP (so the place of the computer) and automatically redirect to UK site (which sucks, because it contains not all information, and some links to the US site there also will not work).

I think Celebrity want you take a cruise with Internet package, so that you can use the main website, to have information to further cruises 😉