Viking World Cruise itinerary

zitsky

Looking at the 2016 (old) catalog.  I like the schedule, many stops in Asia.  I understand now it's more about Africa?  Why the change? I need somewhere to spend the money I'm going to win in the Mega Millions drawing.

The first World Cruise for Viking was 2018 - L/A to London, with an additional option of departing from Miami.

Since many passengers on World Cruises are repeat world cruisers, most cruise lines tend to vary the itineraries every year. On our previous world cruise in 2015, if memory is correct we met a couple that was completing their 9th full World Cruise. Many of the full cruisers were repeat  cruisers.

With Viking, I have read that some of the 2018 passengers have signed up for one of the 2019 options.

We are booked on the 2020, L/A to London, which is very similar to the 2018 cruise.

20 minutes ago, zitsky said:

There seem to be a few different options for length and itinerary, so that is good.

Affirmative. The one we booked originally had 3 options - full 245 day world cruise & 2 halves (London - L/A & L/A to London). They have now split each of the halves, creating 4 segments.

On the 2019 WC, I believe they have created as many as 5 segments.

11 hours ago, Heidi13 said:

Affirmative. The one we booked originally had 3 options - full 245 day world cruise & 2 halves (London - L/A & L/A to London). They have now split each of the halves, creating 4 segments.

On the 2019 WC, I believe they have created as many as 5 segments.

Thanks Heidi!  Even if I dont win the 1.6 Billion lol, these World trips are interesting.  I spent 20k on a Med Cruise.  Spending 90k on a World Cruise seems like a bargain.  I know it costs more for a suite.

Best $100,000 we ever spent!!!!  Planning to be away that long was arduous ( but everything is now in place so we could go again) and time consuming....figuring out what do with limited time in each port was daunting.  The journey was fantastic.  I still can't believe I did not have to plan&/or cook a single meal, make our bed, clean a bathroom or do any wash for 4 months...and my liver has now recovered!

• 6 months later...
On 10/23/2018 at 3:12 PM, deec said:

Best $100,000 we ever spent!!!!  Planning to be away that long was arduous ( but everything is now in place so we could go again) and time consuming....figuring out what do with limited time in each port was daunting.  The journey was fantastic.  I still can't believe I did not have to plan&/or cook a single meal, make our bed, clean a bathroom or do any wash for 4 months...and my liver has now recovered!

How did you deal with filing income taxes, if you’re from US?