Quick Liberty 3 day review

kilmer17

Sorry in advance for the rambling splattercast review.

Sailed 10/18-10/21.

FTTF was a breeze.  Parked at 1145, on the lido deck by 1210.  Luggage didnt arrive until almost 3 though.

Had a cabin on lido deck way too close to the atrium.  Very loud until the lobby stopped music.  Ive had lido cabins before, just closer to the front.  Will keep this in mind next time and stay closer to the front.

Cabin steward was pleasant, ony saw him twice, but never needed anything on a 3 night.  Comp water not delivered until turn down first night.  Again no big deal.

Had Cheers.  Maxed out first and final night.  Really just ordered the last two each night just to say I "finished".  

Steakhouse first night.  Fantastic.  My wife didnt like the smoked oysters, but everything else was great.  Had the dessert art, it was really neat, but now that's done it, I'll stick to cheesecake next time.  It was empty.  IE, less than 1/3 of the tables were sat.

Walked around Nassau for a couple of hours.  Needed sandals and some cheap souvenirs.  Lunch at Athena never disappoints.

Entertainment- Top notch.  First time Ive seen Flick and it was really good.  America Rocks was better this time than the last.  Saw the comedians.  (Azeem twice, Michael Mace once) and both were great.  Piano Bar with Tony was fun as always.  Had multiple drinks at Alchemy.  

Took some money at the craps table which was a surprise.

Negatives (not really, just the least favorite)- Lido deck service was slow except sea day.  Sea Day brunch was slow for no reason.  It was half empty.  Food at MDR was not as good as Ive had in the past.  It wasnt bad, just not great.

Lido deck party for Halloween was great.  Donkey is a good CD.  This was our 2nd cruise with him.  His 80s sing along in the lobby is probably my favorite thing every cruise.

Overall it was a great quick and inexpensive getaway.  Definitely the least crowded Ive ever seen a ship.  I would be surprised if it was 80 percent full.  Never an issue finding a deck chair, and we didnt get to the lido until noon on seaday.  Voila!  two seats on first level up from the main deck.

Happy to answer ?s

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, OSUcruiser said:

Hi!  What was the dinner attire on 3 day cruise?   Usually more casual.   Can men wear dress shorts and golf shirt?

THANKS

On Liberty’s 3 day cruises nights 1 & 3 are casual nights and night 2 is elegant night. Liberty is one of my favorite Carnival ships. We sail on her again in 12 days. 

1 hour ago, BabyJacks17 said:

Thank you so much for your review - I just booked a 3 day getaway for January to get me setup for my milestone cruise after.  Would you happen to know which dining room your time dining was taking place in?

We were on Liberty last week.  Your Time Dining is in the Golden Olympian (mid-ship) dining room.

• Like 1