Supper Club on Escape

Red-Sol

Hi Folks,

I have been doing much searching regarding what is actually offered in the Supper Club on Escape. I am still confused however and hoping that recent cruisers can clarify for me how it actually works.

At one time I believe there were a couple different versions of what was offered. One may have been a 3 course meal with rotating performers that was free of charge. The other I believe was a 5 course tasting done only once per cruise cabaret style with guest performers from After Midnight. There was a charge for this one.

A number of months back they started having "Choir of Man" with approximately a $19.00 charge held there. Is this considered to be at least a semi-permanent replacement for what previously were the rotating performers and there are no longer any free of charge shows held in the Supper Club?

Is there still a cabaret style show with performers from After Midnight held? If so what is the current charge and is it possible to get reservations at all before sailing? 

I did find it possible to make reservations for Choir of Man (and did) but I have found no reference at all to a cabaret dinner with After Midnight performers...however It may only be possible to book onboard?

Hi, we were on the Escape on the  9/30/2018 sailing.  The Choir of Man is a must see and it is in the Supper Club a few nights a week with 2 shows in the same day.  We paid $19.19 and they served salad, Beef Wellington, veggies and dessert.  The meal was delicious and also all the beer you can drink!  One of the main singers from After Midnight did a show in the Supper Club, no dinner, and I believe it was $25 pp.  We did not go.  Enjoy your trip - we loved the Escape but going back to a smaller ship in 2020!

Our experience was a few years ago, when Escape was new. The After Midnight performer show was for a charge and included dinner, several courses didn't count, but a fancy meal. The singers from Jersey Boys did a free show there and there was also a free show with the juggler/comedian. Sorry my data isn't more recent. All of those shows were well done and I thought the After Midnight performer was once during the cruise.

The Manhattan room also had entertainment with dinner, hopefully that is still the case. Apparently they did away with that on the Bliss, sad to see that change. I have low show expectations for that cruise in February.

Last month on the Escape (9/9/18) they had magician/comedian Kyle Marlett in the supper club for a show and it was EXCELLENT. He did 2 dinner shows in the supper club and both were free shows. Dinner was excellent as well- salad, salmon (or a pasta dish) and some kind of freakishly delicious chocolate cake (not the overly sweet crap they serve in the buffet). I got lucky and booked the show on the app as soon as I boarded, both shows sold out quickly.

I leave this Sunday on the Escape and hope they will have something similar again. 

Thanks for the replies folks. It sounds to me like It is possible to book showings/dinners of the Choir of Man in advance. but anything else that might be held in the Supper Club (either free of charge or pay) will actually only be known and can only be booked after boarding. Also sounds like you need to move quickly when boarding and booking. (You snooze you lose :classic_wink: )

We will actually be doing a 2 week cruise in January so I am also wondering if there might be the possibility of a few more events held in there as opposed to a 7 day cruise.