Show Me Your Doors!!!

pyropoodle

I'm sure this topic has been posted, but search function for me is not finding it.  please feel free to ignore or point me in the direction of the thread.  that being said,   I have never decorated the outside of our cabin door.  in 298 days, we will set sail for the 1st time as a family of 4, and I think my kiddos would get a kick out of being able to find our cabin door, so show me your pics of your cabin doors.  I want to see them all!  

also, if you have any carnival approved tips for applying your stuff to your door, please let me know as well. command hooks, etc....TIA

I have never decorated my door because I don't want to try to find fire retardant material and I have heard kids and drunks can remove the decorations but here is the carnival approved tips

• Decorations may consist only of fire retardant materials. Please note that items sprayed with fire retardant spray are not acceptable
  • Decorations may only be placed on the stateroom door and not the surrounding frame, walls or railings
  • You may use magnets or Command Strips but no adhesives such as tape or glue.
  • Over-the-door hanging organizers must hang inside the stateroom, must also be of fire retardant material and cannot damage the door
  • No decorations of any kind are allowed on balconies
  • No decorations or items may be placed over light fittings or fixtures. This may restrict the airflow and cause the item to ignite
  • No string lights of any kind are allowed

I've seen the rules, but appreciate you posting them.  more just looking to see how creative everyone can be with this tiny 2x6 foot area to decorate.   I have seen some really neat doors on various cruises and I wish I had taken pics of them, but at the time I was footloose and kid free!  but now, kids.  I'd like to make it memorable for them, even if it lasts 10 minutes.

I have never done this.  But plan on it for our next cruise.  It's my daughters birthday so I thought it would be fun.

enhance

enhance

a couple from my cruise last december - They are not mine.   a grandma and a little girl did the Thanksgiving one if I remember right.  It was cute.

3 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

this is really cute! is it hanging inside your room?  not familiar with those wooden slats, so that might be like a Havana room.  but super cute.

Nope, those are the doors (hallway side) on Breeze, Vista and the new doors on Triumph. 

ahh. I haven't been on a 'new' ship yet. I reckon i'll see them in the sunrise since it's the triumph.   I'm excited to go on even a refurbished ship. hopefully, after my youngest turns 2, we'll be able to cruise more often. this 300 day wait is KILLING me.

4 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

ahh. I haven't been on a 'new' ship yet. I reckon i'll see them in the sunrise since it's the triumph.   I'm excited to go on even a refurbished ship. hopefully, after my youngest turns 2, we'll be able to cruise more often. this 300 day wait is KILLING me.

We had one of the first refurbished rooms. They are now lighter and brighter as on the Dream and Vista class.  

1 hour ago, trvlgirlmq said:

Nope, those are the doors (hallway side) on Breeze, Vista and the new doors on Triumph. 

...and a thought just popped into my tiny brain..if these are wooden slats, I'm guessing a magnet would be completely useless on these. (unless they are metal that looks like wood?  hey, you never know....) so command hooks or those peel n stick decals might be the only way to go on this.  can you confirm if it is indeed wood? 

3 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

...and a thought just popped into my tiny brain..if these are wooden slats, I'm guessing a magnet would be completely useless on these. (unless they are metal that looks like wood?  hey, you never know....) so command hooks or those peel n stick decals might be the only way to go on this.  can you confirm if it is indeed wood? 

I couldn't use a magnet on my Breeze door.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, trvlgirlmq said:

The new doors are not metal.  You don't want to put anything sticky that might not come off as it ruins the door. The Command strip is the only thing we have found that won't leave a sticky residue.  

I'm not sure what you mean by "the new doors are not metal."  We sailed on the Horizon and our magnetic door sign from Custom Cruise Wear stuck to it just fine.  I'm not aware of anything else that magnets stick to other than metal.