Boudicca Indian Ocean

Carol T

Hi Carol. I don't know how to do the quote thing! But my hubby and I are on the same cruise as you. Unsure if we get any time in Sri Lanka to do any tours?? There are two organised tours available but we have to check into the airport at 1.15pm???? Confused.com !!!! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Carol,

I am cruising solo for the first time and like you I prefer if practicable to make my own arrangements for sightseeing.   I posted a little earlier this afternoon looking for people to team up with in Réunion (need at least another 3 people) and also Praslin and Mauritius.  I see a fellow passenger has posted some helpful advice about a taxi service in Mauritius that looks good, so even if it was just you and me going (if you were interested), it would be safer than me going on my own (and obviously cheaper!).

I have never used a forum like this before so I have no idea if you are allowed to exchange any kind of contact details, but if you are at all interested then please come back to me.  I'm afraid I have been super busy recently and have left it very late in the day to be organising things!

Kaira

Hi Carol and Kaira, I am also travelling on my own. I am taking the Fred Olsen tours except for Praslin.  Praslin Taxi Services have what's Apped me 3 different island tours ranging from 185 Euros to 80 Euros for up to 4 people. I can't make up my mind what to do as wanted to guarantee seeing giant tortoises on Curieuse which is a taxi and then a boat for one of the days. I am leaving UK on Tuesday and spending Christmas on Mauritius so will have email until I join the ship. Kaira there is another page for this roll call, it's v confusing https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2604149-boudicca-d1827-indian-ocean-2627-dec-2018/

HI,

Thank you very much for your reply and for the link. 

I also have contacted a taxi firm that does excursions - they are called ‘Coconut Tours’ and their prices worked out at about £80 for 4 people for a 7 hour trip which is really fabulous value and much nicer than being in a large bus especially when it would be possible to just stop somewhere to have a look at something. I see that .org gets have recommended the taxi company that you mention so probably best to go with them. 

We still need two other people though! 

Kaira

PS BTW do people only contact each other through this medium or can we swap email addresses on here? 

Coconut Tours are the same company as I mentioned, their email address is Praslin Taxi Tours.  I don't mind paying £80 between us if need be.  Carol may join us or meet somebody on the ship. My FO tours are minimum £94 each so £40 each is very good.  My email address is pamhayward50@aol.com  I still cant decide whether to do this tour on 2 January and Curieuse Island on 1st.  I'm waiting to hear back from sagittarius boat tours as been told by them I don't have to book a place on their boat but Coconut Tours have said I do as I would use them to get a taxi to boat!

On 12/16/2018 at 5:41 PM, KairaM said:

HI,Thank you very much for your reply and for the link. 

I also have contacted a taxi firm that does excursions - they are called ‘Coconut Tours’ and their prices worked out at about £80 for 4 people for a 7 hour trip which is really fabulous value and much nicer than being in a large bus especially when it would be possible to just stop somewhere to have a look at something. I see that .org gets have recommended the taxi company that you mention so probably best to go with them. 

We still need two other people though! 

Kaira

PS BTW do people only contact each other through this medium or can we swap email addresses on here? 

On 12/16/2018 at 7:28 PM, Pompeygirl56 said:

Coconut Tours are the same company as I mentioned, their email address is Praslin Taxi Tours.  I don't mind paying £80 between us if need be.  Carol may join us or meet somebody on the ship. My FO tours are minimum £94 each so £40 each is very good.  My email address is pamhayward50@aol.com  I still cant decide whether to do this tour on 2 January and Curieuse Island on 1st.  I'm waiting to hear back from sagittarius boat tours as been told by them I don't have to book a place on their boat but Coconut Tours have said I do as I would use them to get a taxi to boat!

Hi!  I've only just seen your replies (I thought I had chosen to be notified if I had any)!  I am sooooo pleased to see there are at least a few of us travelling alone.  If you get this message in time, please get back to me on cjturan13@gmail.com      I'm still very interested in joining up for taxi tours.  I'm flying from Gatwick on 26th, are you?

• 3 weeks later...

Just to let you know that my free transit visa was accepted for Sri Lanka with no problems. Staff from Thomas Cook looked at it before we checked in at the airport and the Sri Lanka authorites checked it on board the ship before stamping our passports.  Some passenger were annoyed that FO had given them the wrong information and had paid for the tourist visa.

21 hours ago, tallulahcruiser said:

Just to let you know that my free transit visa was accepted for Sri Lanka with no problems. Staff from Thomas Cook looked at it before we checked in at the airport and the Sri Lanka authorites checked it on board the ship before stamping our passports.  Some passenger were annoyed that FO had given them the wrong information and had paid for the tourist visa.

Excellent, nice to hear you did the right thing 😊  FO seem to give a lot of conflicting visa advice, turns out that the visa for Madagascar is free if you arrive on a cruise ship.  

Hope you had a lovely time and thanks for letting us know it worked.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 4:17 PM, Snorkel & Flippers said:

Excellent, nice to hear you did the right thing 😊  FO seem to give a lot of conflicting visa advice, turns out that the visa for Madagascar is free if you arrive on a cruise ship.  

Hope you had a lovely time and thanks for letting us know it worked.

We had a really nice time. Enjoyed it so much we have booked another  whilst on board. Same ship, same cabin.