RCCL says "yes" to wine!!!!!!!!!!!

As I have often said in these posts about wine/champagne...we ALWAYS bring a bottle of Dom for our sailaway party, our tradition...and we have never had it taken from us when boarding. And we carry in my hand, visible bec/I don't want the champagne to break and we have never had it taken away.

Depending on who you speak to at RCI, you'll get 10,000 different answers. Some people are told it's ok, others are told it's not ok. I personally e-mailed them 2 weeks ago and received a response as follows:

"Guests are not allowed to bring their own beverages onboard. This includes: liquor, wine, beer, soda, or self produced products (example: home made wines). An exception to the rule is for guests who have a unique request for wine (only) that we do not already provide. Royal Caribbean will allow a maximum of two bottles of wine. A corkage fee of $12.00 per bottle will be charged."

My advice - listen to stories from people who have cruised recently - all have been permitted to bring their own wine (some say 2 bottles, some say you can bring as many as you want). You will be charged a $12 corkage fee if you take it to the dining room.

I asked my TA this question, he said he's been doing it for years..

"Guests are not allowed to bring their own beverages onboard. This includes: liquor, wine, beer, soda, or self produced products (example: home made wines). An exception to the rule is for guests who have a unique request for wine (only) that we do not already provide. Royal Caribbean will allow a maximum of two bottles of wine. A corkage fee of $12.00 per bottle will be charged."

Just guy some wine and say they dont have it on board, case closed!! :cool:

I ALWAYS carry on a few bottles of wine and NEVER have had any problem. If you bring on board wines that ARE on the wine list, you won't be charged a corkage fee.

I heard that from another posting as well and wasn't sure if that was really the case. Is it?

Also, if you bring something not on the list, someone just posted here that if it's already opened there is no corkage fee. Anyone confirm this? We are planning to bring some wine to enjoy on our balcony as well as with dinner and it would be nice not to have to pay $12 a bottle.

I am doing research on cruising before my first cruise (technically second but that was almost 20 years ago) and this seems to come up a lot. Thanks in advance for any replys.

Archived