Price Drop after Final Pay

Indeed, as others have mentioned...once you are past posted final payment date (not the actual date you paid it off) you will not be eligible for price drop adjustments.  However, DO keep watching as you may snag an upgrade for little to no cost...has happened to me several times.  Enjoy your cruise!  

• Like 2

Thanks everyone.  I remember the day when Celebrity used to offer OBC after final payment.  Even though a sister (or parent) company, I guess times have changed.  There is a ocean view with larger balcony for cheaper I could upgrade to, but on deck 8 and a jr suite for $400 more but not sure it's worth the price to upgrade.

56 minutes ago, mattb31 said:

Not sure what type of room you're in...but prices for ours dropped and we went from an interior to balcony for about $100 more pp. The price difference between the two when we originally booked was almost $1,000pp.

That's a sweet deal!  We are in a 4D ocean view balcony.  I remember not too long ago when we went up to a suite for not much more.  It definitely pays to watch for the price drops.

2 hours ago, kitkat9438 said:

There's a huge price drop on my sailing and it's after final payment. Does the travel agent normally honor this and give you OBC?  Seems like I remember this from previous threads.  Sorry if this question has already been asked.

Thanks!

You never get any money back after final payment date.  However, if a cabin category higher than yours is for less or the same as what you paid, you can upgrade without paying anything.  We did that on Harmony in Dec.  We had balconies, and the JS went down below what we paid so we were able to move to the JS without paying anything and also got our double points since it was not an "offered" upgrade.

56 minutes ago, karena1 said:

You never get any money back after final payment date.  However, if a cabin category higher than yours is for less or the same as what you paid, you can upgrade without paying anything.  We did that on Harmony in Dec.  We had balconies, and the JS went down below what we paid so we were able to move to the JS without paying anything and also got our double points since it was not an "offered" upgrade.

If they offer the upgrade to a JS,  you don't get double points?

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Depends on the rate they offer, but most upsells are below the published rate in which case you don't get double points.

Exactly.  That is why IF they call with an upgrade offer and it is very rare, I always ask if I will get double points or not.  If not, no reason for me to do it.  We are trying to make Pinnacle, but doing it one point at a time as we are not willing to pay the prices for JS or suites. We would rather cruise all the time and stay in balconies.

• Like 1

While my husband & I have booked a JS it is done when the dates first opened as the prices will go up and never come down to the original price when the dates first opened. Lower category rooms will drop but have never seen JS's drop. I look at the booking price against what I paid, factor in the deductions and down payment then if I see what looks to be a good drop, will have my TA verify for me. I have checked the possibility of moving from a balcony to a JS for our 2020 sailings but to high now. 

19 minutes ago, johnjen said:

What happened to the cruise critic page showing price drops? Suddenly I can't find it, help!

That seems to be gone but I think it was linked to Expedia and was not very good (delayed, if ever, notifications).

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

I didn't know cruise critic had a page showing price drops.  I just go to Royal's website and act like I'm booking and it gives me the price. 

The Jr Suite actually came way down in price.  About $600 from when I booked my balcony originally.  It's only $400 more than my ocean view balcony now.  

3 hours ago, mattb31 said:

Not sure what type of room you're in...but prices for ours dropped and we went from an interior to balcony for about $100 more pp. The price difference between the two when we originally booked was almost $1,000pp.

Same thing happened to us. Price came down and while we weren't able to get any money back we were able to upgrade from a grand suite to and owners suite for no cost. I still think we got a great deal plus we were able to keep our existing OBC. Good Luck.

Edited by tangled1010

3 minutes ago, kitkat9438 said:

I didn't know cruise critic had a page showing price drops.  I just go to Royal's website and act like I'm booking and it gives me the price. 

CC and other sites use to automate that for you and send you an e-mail. Other site's ability to do that has become much more difficult with constant RCI web site updates and the way RCI presents the data.

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

Agree...see post #5.  :classic_happy: