And... They're Back! Countdown Clocks That Is.

POA1

3 hours ago, OlsSalt said:

Testing (Thanks for the step by step instructions with the superb graphics for those of us technically challenged - show me, don't tell me! Yes. ) 

I found it via a Google search. It's an old Cold Fusion file, hence the cfm extension. It's sitting in the vbulletin directory. 

But bookmark it to be safe. 

30 minutes ago, ris_scot said:

Any suggestions as to what I am doing wrong.  I followed all the steps but instead of the countdown clock I get the signature below ?

Head back to:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/vbulletin/countdown.cfm

Fill in the Member Name field. Set the Sail Date using the Year, Month & Day drop down controls. Select the Ship from the Drop Down. Optionally, add a Message. Pick an image. 

Then, click the "Create Your Countdown Clock" button.

You should see a pop-up dialog box with your clock and a Copy/Paste box with something like:

[URL=https://www.cruisecritic.com/][IMG=https://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=Beach-8&name=POA%201&date=12-16-2018&text=Be%20Alert.%20America%20needs%20more%20lerts.&ship=Zuiderdam][/URL]

Copy that code string and then past it in your signature.

It looks like you only got part of the code.

Thanks POA1, I gave that a go and I do copy and paste the full address but as soon as I hit save it changes to what you see.  I am using Microsoft Edge as my browser so will try it with a different browser and see if that helps.

Are you using the UK CruiseCritic? The URL in your signature looks like the .co.uk version.

I'm wondering if you might try manually changing the .co.uk to .com if that would fix it. 

54 minutes ago, ris_scot said:

Thanks POA1, I gave that a go and I do copy and paste the full address but as soon as I hit save it changes to what you see.  I am using Microsoft Edge as my browser so will try it with a different browser and see if that helps.

I just did a test post on the Test Forum and I was able to replicate your problem.  When I use cruisecritic.com, it works. When I use cruisecritic.co.uk, it breaks just like yours did.  See if you can manually change any instance of cruisecritic.co.uk in the copy/paste box to cruisecritic.com -- That ought to work.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ris_scot said:
  • POA1 you are a star.  I followed your guidance and now have the clock showing.  thanks again.

Glad to be of service. When I first read your post about the difficulty, I was on my phone. You cannot see signatures on the phone, so I had to go to my computer to take a closer look. 

I'm not sure why the UK server doesn't process the clocks properly, but I'm glad to I was able to figure it out. Enjoy your new clock. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

While you may have been able to find the page, more than likely they aren't advancing (actually counting down).  So, they are no longer official in that my team will not be able to help you with them going forward.

17 hours ago, grsnovi said:

Well, mine is showing the correct days - so it is counting down.

It is. I refreshed the page, and your time updated. It should keep working unless CC decides to delete the Cold Fusion script that's powering the clocks. The issue is that no new ships will be added. However, that's pretty easy to override.

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Vice%20C

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

And now they aren't working at all.   There is a line of text and when you click on it you're taken to the main Cruise Critic page.  So sad; I really enjoyed having that to countdown.  😞  

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to add a countdown clock and it's not working for me (used cruise critics countdown) and now it's just showing up as words in my signature link. 😞

How do you get them OFF your signature line? When I'm in my settings, it won't even allow me to click on it to remove it (like it would with the other items in my signature line). Frustrating.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mitsugirly said:

I tried to add a countdown clock and it's not working for me (used cruise critics countdown) and now it's just showing up as words in my signature link. 😞

How do you get them OFF your signature line? When I'm in my settings, it won't even allow me to click on it to remove it (like it would with the other items in my signature line). Frustrating.

If you type Ctrl+A in the signature editor and press delete the entire contents of your signature will be removed. You can then retype the stuff you want to keep.

6 minutes ago, broberts said:

If you type Ctrl+A in the signature editor and press delete the entire contents of your signature will be removed. You can then retype the stuff you want to keep.

Is there not a way to just delete that countdown clock without deleting everything else?

Also....note that when I click Ctrl+A it only highlights the links I have in my signature line and NOT the wording showing up as the countdown clock.

***ok I just copy and pasted what I wanted to keep and then deleted and it worked***  Thanks so much!

Edited by mitsugirly

Just now, mitsugirly said:

Is there not a way to just delete that countdown clock without deleting everything else?

Before changing your signature open another browser tab and navigate to display one of your posts.

Go back to the signature editor and delete the contents (Ctrl+A, Delete).

Change to the tab with your post, place the cursor just above the M in My. Drag the mouse to select the stuff you want to keep. Once it is highlighted type Ctrl+C.

Change to the signature editor tab, click in the signature edit and type Ctrl+V (Paste). This should copy the text with hyperlink into the editor. If all is good, don't forget to save the new signature.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:06 PM, broberts said:

Before changing your signature open another browser tab and navigate to display one of your posts.

Go back to the signature editor and delete the contents (Ctrl+A, Delete).

Change to the tab with your post, place the cursor just above the M in My. Drag the mouse to select the stuff you want to keep. Once it is highlighted type Ctrl+C.

Change to the signature editor tab, click in the signature edit and type Ctrl+V (Paste). This should copy the text with hyperlink into the editor. If all is good, don't forget to save the new signature.

I can no longer find the signature editor nor countdown. What am I missing?

3 hours ago, sk84fungirl said:

I can no longer find the signature editor nor countdown. What am I missing?

3 hours ago, Cruising-along said:

I'm trying to find the signature editor and can't find it either.  It used to be so easy! 

On desktop, Account Settings.

image.png.54cddbc9f839a12cd1204deb3c7c2e8d.png

On Settings, Signature. The editor is under the toolbar and above the Save button.

image.png.442297e44867cd737a6083c0834ffb34.png

On mobile it is similar. In Settings tap Settings Area to drop a menu that contains Signature. Tap Signature. Wait a second or two and you will see the Signature edit with a Save button below.

1 hour ago, broberts said:

On desktop, Account Settings.

image.png.54cddbc9f839a12cd1204deb3c7c2e8d.png

On Settings, Signature. The editor is under the toolbar and above the Save button.

image.png.442297e44867cd737a6083c0834ffb34.png

On mobile it is similar. In Settings tap Settings Area to drop a menu that contains Signature. Tap Signature. Wait a second or two and you will see the Signature edit with a Save button below.

Thank you. Got it. Deleted the ones that were not showing properly. Now have to find a countdown clock that works.

8 hours ago, sk84fungirl said:

Thank you. Got it. Deleted the ones that were not showing properly. Now have to find a countdown clock that works.

If you do, please come back and post about it.  🙂  

• Like 1