UBP and Margaritaville

i_da_bell

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2018 at 2:49 PM, Georgie562 said:

Keep in mind you don't have to pay the $14.95 cover charge to go sit at the bar and have drinks

Going to be on the Bliss in MAY. I see the $14.95 cover charge. What does that fee get you? Is it applied to a food purchase? or is that just a cost to get in the door?

17 minutes ago, twoznuff2 said:

Going to be on the Bliss in MAY. I see the $14.95 cover charge. What does that fee get you? Is it applied to a food purchase? or is that just a cost to get in the door?

The charge is per person for your meal:  Per person that's an appetizer, main, and dessert.  Appetizer is meal sized to begin with.  It's a shame, as it is too much food and too much money.

For the bar, note that Margaritaville closes down by 5 and some days the bar was closing and cleaning soon after 4 (on Breakway.) Nobody was ever there - bar or restaurant.

I really wish they would just make their menu a la carte. I would definitely go there for the nachos or a burger, but with the portion sizes, an appetizer, entree, and dessert is WAY too much food and they won't let you share. You have to pay per person.

yeah, we went on Bliss and had conch fritters and volcano nachos - and three margaritas - and were stuffed!!!  That was the "free lunch" on Bliss for Haven people after boarding.  Would def have felt ripped off if I paid the $14.95/pp!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2018 at 1:03 PM, i_da_bell said:

Are the drinks at Margaritaville included as part of the Ultimate Beverage Package?

Yes, they are but they only have Margaritaville tequila and it's not very good. You're better off getting Patron or Cazadores at another bar.

On ‎12‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 9:23 PM, gmbhardy said:

On the Bliss last week you could order appetizers “a la carte” at the Margaritaville bar. I believe the volcano nachos were $8.95.

Interesting.  Maybe this is a change to strike a balance.  When it was free, people reported it was a zoo. When it was a small fee, it still was crowded.  When they changed to $14.95 maybe the business went down and trying to find a balance?  This is the first I have heard you can order a la carte.

Edited by david_sobe

I never saw more than 6 people ever at JB's.

We used to see him in concert for $15pp, and we

showed up at 6am to sell cokes to get in to the concert.

I have a family of 4 x 15 x 20% whoopy fee?

For lunch? Went to Cagneys $77 for dinner.  Awesome.

Alacarte is coming back to JB's if FDR can give us peasants a break...

Hey new ships  Mardi Gra Carnival with a roller coaster 2020. Guy Fieri Burger joint INCLUDED as most things. Reviews are outstanding for Guy.

And new ship Velvet Lady by Sir Richard  Branson in 2020. Virgin Cruise Line. No Kids. Upscale.

And Kevin's new cruise line out of West Palm Beach Port. Kevin Kevin!!

Bong and our son Sean in pics 12/01 Bliss.

It's all good.

We are the Moore's

Tampa Bay

20181207_230113.jpg

bong n sean.jpg

Edited by eddeb
Mispelling

3 minutes ago, Shidah said:

The reviews I read for Guy’s were less than outstanding, supposedly very greasy. 

It is a regular full flavor burger...nothing wrong with it and the volume they serve at lunch will prove that. 

• Like 1

I’m not sure, never had one but the previous poster discussed reviews and the reviews I read mentioned being greasy.  But some people like greasy, so it all works. McDonald’s serves a large volume of burgers daily, but that doesn’t mean they are good.  But make them free on a cruise, and people would be raving about them.