Disney Cruise for Adults - Worth the Premium over other lines?

kathy884

After 8 consecutive Disney Cruises I'm starting to venture out and try other cruise lines.  I've sailed on HAL, RCCL and next month I will sail on NCL.  So far compared to HAL and RCCL I do prefer DCL for two reasons... Service and Entertainment which are at the top of my list. I do not agree that it's worth 2 or 3 times more than the other cruise lines but people are paying these prices. 

We’ve done 20 DCL cruises. My dh and son just cruised on Harmony and said it blows DCL away in every category. They don’t want to go back to DCL. Now I’m wondering Why I  waste so much money on the mouse. Looking forward to trying royal myself. 

It's not worth it. I've done 5 DCL and one Princess. To me, Princess had far better food options and activities for adults. That said, their entertainers seemed like they couldn't get a job anywhere DCL's entertainers seemed professional. 

You have to look at the big picture and how vacationing works out. In my case, I can't take more than a few days off in a row and not a full week. So, with DCL doing short cruises out of my home port, I'll be paying the big bucks to sail with them again. 

You'll get many different answers.  We love love love Disney Parks and although it's not cheap vacation, we feel it's worth the premium.

We were on Disney Magic.  It's a good product and exceyfir kids but for us, we are Royal fans.  Royal us more diverse with different type of shows (and for all ages), more pool space, better food and more activities for all ages.  Disney theming is adorable but for us, we would not go without kids (and even selected Royal for older kids).

I have sailed with HAL, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Celebrity, and Disney (7 adult-only cruises). I really enjoy Disney cruises, but I  won’t pay DCL’s premium prices on port-intensive cruises. I’ve especially enjoyed my Disney Transatlantic and Panama Canal cruises with a lot of sea days, and the repositioning cruises give a lot of bang for the buck. 

When I was on (RCI’s) Oasis of the Seas last month in Cozumel - the Fantasy was docked next to us. I experienced Disney cruise envy, so I booked the Feb. 2020 San Juan to New Orleans repo cruise shortly after returning home. 😎 That cruise is only 5  nights, but it’s one of the better Disney values right now. 

Edited by NancyIL