How Many CCers have made the 100,000+ Club ?

richstowe

On 10/28/2018 at 7:40 AM, Extra Kim said:

Some posters are "One Post Wonders", they post one time in every thread and never comes back... 

On 10/29/2018 at 4:47 PM, Go-Bucks! said:

And they're usually complaints or trolls.

Do you ever get the feeling that these  "One Post Wonders" are members with another name .

Hard to believe but hey have their usual CC ID and  this alias appears when they have a particular issue they want to vent . An issue they don't want associated with their usual name .

On 10/29/2018 at 4:02 PM, ldubs said:

Well, what I think is that having a high post count means you have made a lot of posts.  Many members with high post counts also contribute a lot to the forum (beyond just a count).  

My bias is to give greater credence to those with high post counts . It's not a foolproof system . 😉

2 hours ago, richstowe said:

Do you ever get the feeling that these  "One Post Wonders" are members with another name .

Hard to believe but hey have their usual CC ID and  this alias appears when they have a particular issue they want to vent . An issue they don't want associated with their usual name .

I don't think that the person I'm thinking about would have enough time to have two CC ID's... 

4 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Oh -- we loved the Flintstones!!

Barney, Wilma, Barney and Betty Rubble, Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm, Dino all living in Bedrock.

Maybe if we had Dino in our back yard, we would not have so many deer.

Yabba Dabba Doo...

I suppose the OP can see how it is fairly easy to accumulate posts just by discussion and banter on a thread well and truly after the question has been answered.

https://www.google.com.au/search?source=hp&ei=QrHaW4j9F82-9QOX7IOwAQ&q=flintstones+theme+song&oq=flintsones&gs_l=psy-ab.1.4.0i10k1l10.1664.4246.0.33105.10.10.0.0.0.0.306.1721.0j2j5j1.8.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..2.8.1712...0j0i131k1.0.YhBvjNEIF8Q

• 1 month later...
On 10/31/2018 at 10:07 PM, Extra Kim said:

I don't think that the person I'm thinking about would have enough time to have two CC ID's... 

That is not permitted on CC and ??  maybe? ips address attached to duplicate post names would give it 'away'?

Though, two adult persons in same house using same wifi/  device  would  have same address  but it would be 'legal' as  they are two individuals,  each  entitled to have an account

However, I agree  there likely are at least  f ew cc'ers. who, through  the years I have been on cc, I strongly suspect posted under more than one i.d.    One of whom  had been posting in  the fairly recent past months  but  I've  seen no posts from them lately.

I too get annoyed by the dismissive "Well, at least you got your post count up :classic_rolleyes:!" type of reply. It makes me wonder if that particular poster can even do simple math. I've been active on these boards for nearly nine years now. That's not nearly as long as some folks -- but definitely long enough to be pushing 10K, with just a few posts each day!

(But Shhh.... don't give away  our secret: that you win a free cruise, when you get to a GAZILLION posts! 😜)

Edited by wwcruisers

1 hour ago, fyree39 said:

:classic_rolleyes:

I don't really pay any attention to post count.  I've been guilty of the "Thanks for the review" comments or a simple one or two word reply to a post. It's just a way of contributing to a thread.  I've written reviews here in the past that have generated very few responses and it makes me feel like I shouldn't bother.  Any statement from someone actually reading my review is appreciated. For this reason I always try to comment on someone's review thread.

I know how you feel.  There was a time when I did "live" threads and spent a fortune on the Internet as I belonged to 3 sites at the time.  Got some people following but certainly it wasn't worth the money.  The I switched to do a review when I got home -- got some nice responses but still not worth the effort.  So I don't even do that anymore.

Like you I do follow some people and their "Live" reports and do make comments.  I appreciate those people who take time out from their cruises to write their daily (sometimes more reports in a day) and post pictures as well and I will make comments on them.

I have even learned how to post pictures and do add from time to time pictures there and make comments on other posters pictures.

7 hours ago, fyree39 said:

:classic_rolleyes:

I don't really pay any attention to post count.  I've been guilty of the "Thanks for the review" comments or a simple one or two word reply to a post. It's just a way of contributing to a thread.  I've written reviews here in the past that have generated very few responses and it makes me feel like I shouldn't bother.  Any statement from someone actually reading my review is appreciated. For this reason I always try to comment on someone's review thread.

Totally  agree -- and I LOVE your cat!:classic_smile:

When I first joined Cruise Critic, I noticed a certain poster who had 70-80000 posts, and I thought,

"wow, I bet this person has a lot of knowledge to share".

Now that I've been here a few years, that poster is still posting some terrible information, and I think

"wow, that person hasn't got a clue".

Post count doesn't mean much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1