Vow Renewal on Motu Mahana

TheDee

5 minutes ago, Hutchinj said:

Linda (TheDee) -- Anxious to hear about your latest voyage on the PG and especially your vow renewal experience on Motu Mahana. Be sure to fill us in upon your return!

Also, does anyone know if there is somewhere on the Motu to change from our vow renewal regalia to swimsuit attire?

Yes, there is a bathroom.  However, give yourself plenty of time if you are going to change before your ceremony.  The line was quite long when I needed to change.  I believe there are only 2-3 stalls and the floor is wet and sandy.  (Which is what you would expect for a beach bathroom!)

Enjoy,

Oleta

It was definitely a highlight of our cruise.  It's a beautiful ceremony.  I gave my camera to a person who took pictures for us.  The cruise photographer also took pictures.

Having used those bathrooms a few times in the past, I would definitely not plan to use them to change for your vow renewal.  Since it's no longer a wet landing on Motu Mahana, I'd wear something nice (but casual enough for the weather and location) over a swim suit. After the vow renewal, I'd take that off and put it into a waterproof backpack or beachbag. I would bring a swimsuit coverup, or at least a pair of shorts, to wear over my swim suit, and enjoy the rest of the day swimming, walking, sunning, and enjoying the great food and drinks on a small private island in paradise.

SWFLAOK -- Keeping our vow renewal casual sounds like the best suggestion yet. A swimsuit coverup of some kind is probably easier for the ladies than us guys, but I'll figure something out. Like maybe a nicer pair of shorts and my dress flip flops. 😄

Thanks!

On 8/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, Hutchinj said:

SWFLAOK -- Keeping our vow renewal casual sounds like the best suggestion yet. A swimsuit coverup of some kind is probably easier for the ladies than us guys, but I'll figure something out. Like maybe a nicer pair of shorts and my dress flip flops. 😄

Thanks!

A nice tropical shirt,  your best flip flops (we only bring flip flops and sandals on the PG, but sandals are too dressy for Motu Mahana), and a nice pair of shorts sounds like a perfect way  to dress for your celebration. You could have a speedo under those shorts, and make it an easy clothing change, but you would need permission from your wife to do that. From what I've seen, the men's room is never as backed up as the ladies room, but from what I've been told, it's still wet and sandy.

Since I started this thread, I wanted to report back to say that the Vow Renewal Ceremony for our 50th Anniversary on the August 14th cruise was lovely.  It took place at Noon. It was a perfect South Pacific day.  Captain Tony, Cruise Director Carlos, Assistant Cruise Director Cathia, and Les Gauguins and Les Gauguines  all participated.  After the ceremony, we had lunch and then returned to the ship.

Even more memorable was the Marina Dinner that we had while moored in Bora Bora.  It took place on our actual anniversary.  A Zodiak was waiting at the marina to take us into the lagoon to view the sunset.  We sipped champagne and ate canapes provided by the driver of the craft.  Retuning to the ship, our table was prepared with flowers, LED candles, chilled champagne, and Les Gauguins and Les Gauguines singing and playing instruments.  The menu was from La Veranda and was served beautifully.  By the end of our meal we were lit only by the candles and the stars.  It was magical!

Our previous three cruises on the PG have all been wonderful, but this cruise was a fabulous 50th Anniversary celebration.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Trend,

Another really special offering for an Anniversary is the Marina Dinner.  It is done while the PG is moored in Bora Bora, ( and maybe Moorea, depending on the itinerary).  If you are interested, you need to book it well in advance.  You can see some pictures and a short video of ours on the last page of the PG Roll Call, August 14th sailing.  It was a magical evening!

Linda :-)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 7:04 PM, TheDee said:

Trend,

Another really special offering for an Anniversary is the Marina Dinner.  It is done while the PG is moored in Bora Bora, ( and maybe Moorea, depending on the itinerary).  If you are interested, you need to book it well in advance.  You can see some pictures and a short video of ours on the last page of the PG Roll Call, August 14th sailing.  It was a magical evening!

Linda 🙂

Oh, I only wish we were able to book the Marina Dinner, too. It was already spoken for when we checked. At least we did get the Motu Mahana Vow Renewal so really looking forward to that. Even more so after enjoying your photos! 🙂

On 8/18/2019 at 12:58 PM, Hutchinj said:

Linda (TheDee) -- Anxious to hear about your latest voyage on the PG and especially your vow renewal experience on Motu Mahana. Be sure to fill us in upon your return!

Also, does anyone know if there is somewhere on the Motu to change from our vow renewal regalia to swimsuit attire?

There are basic bathrooms

• 4 weeks later...

Linda,

I really enjoyed your pictures of the vow renewal.  You looked amazing!  It was a highlight for us.  And, it was extra special to receive the hard copies of both messages.  Extra special!!!When we go back, we're going to try and get the Marina Dinner.  Sounds magical.  Hope you are doing well with the beginning of winter.  We've already had freezing temps.

7 hours ago, fount said:

Linda,

I really enjoyed your pictures of the vow renewal.  You looked amazing!  It was a highlight for us.  And, it was extra special to receive the hard copies of both messages.  Extra special!!!When we go back, we're going to try and get the Marina Dinner.  Sounds magical.  Hope you are doing well with the beginning of winter.  We've already had freezing temps.

Oleta,

Not to try to "one up" your comment of cold temperatures, but we actually had a SNOW shower today.  Oh, for the white sandy beaches of FP.

Are you already planning to go back?   I'm jealous. :-)

Linda

• 3 weeks later...

After reading the discussions and photos here we've just added the Vow Renewal package to our booking for the 29 August 2020 14 night  Marquesas, Tuamotus & Society Islands cruise.   Thanks everyone.   

Although the website lists the cost as $315 I was charged $290.  When I enquired about whether the package listed on the website is the same with the lower price I was charged I was told that it no longer includes the  8"x10" photo portrait as they no longer have a photographer on board.   Hopefully we'll find someone there, either ship staff or other passengers, who can take some photos for us with our camera.  

Edited by Koz1

Koz1,

When we had our Vow Renewal ceremony in August there was also no official cruise photographer.  The assistant cruise director offered to take pictures of the entire ceremony.   She used my iPhone and the pictures came out great.  It would be pretty difficult to take a bad picture on Motu Mahana.  :-)

Linda

2 hours ago, TheDee said:

Koz1,

When we had our Vow Renewal ceremony in August there was also no official cruise photographer.  The assistant cruise director offered to take pictures of the entire ceremony.   She used my iPhone and the pictures came out great.  It would be pretty difficult to take a bad picture on Motu Mahana.  🙂

Linda

Thanks Linda.   Your photos are great!  Thanks for posting.  We're really looking forward to the ceremony.