Picture-A-Week 2018 - Week 44

pierces

Pictures taken between Monday, October 29 and Sunday, November 4.

Rules: See above

That's it. This isn't a contest.

All photos taken this week are welcome (not just cruising).

Prizes will not be awarded. Discovering the joy of photography is the prize.

The idea is to get folks out using their cameras for more than vacations and toddler birthdays.

Post one. Post many. Up to you.

Have fun with your camera and share your fun with others!

Next week is election week and after Tuesday, the teeth-grinding annoyance of campaign ads will go back to the hell they came from...until the week after that when the 2020 campaigns start. At the moment this was taken, the race is still on and square footage seems to be the plan to get out the vote, as are red, white and blue. Keep in mind that this is a street corner in a small, semi-rural, horse-oriented suburb. The visual bombardment in larger metro areas must be mind-numbing. The main reason I took this photo was the sign on the far left. I decided that in this harsh political season, I would take the high road and write in my vote for “Taco’s Everyday!”...despite the apostrophe oops.

I Vote For Tacos!

p3169695499-5.jpg

Dave

6 hours ago, pierces said:

Next week is election week and after Tuesday, the teeth-grinding annoyance of campaign ads will go back to the hell they came from...until the week after that when the 2020 campaigns start. At the moment this was taken, the race is still on and square footage seems to be the plan to get out the vote, as are red, white and blue. Keep in mind that this is a street corner in a small, semi-rural, horse-oriented suburb. The visual bombardment in larger metro areas must be mind-numbing. The main reason I took this photo was the sign on the far left. I decided that in this harsh political season, I would take the high road and write in my vote for “Taco’s Everyday!”...despite the apostrophe oops.

I Vote For Tacos!

p3169695499-5.jpg

Dave

I am so glad to see all those political signs down.

I wish the 'weekly' threads started on Saturday and ran through the following Friday since that would allow taking some weekend photos, and getting them posted up in that week's thread.  I guess those that shoot during the week don't have this issue, but since I can really only shoot on weekends, with the threads always covering Monday through Sunday, by the time I take my weekend photos and get them uploaded, we're already on the next weekly thread!

Anyway, I'm even more late to get these posted, as I'm nearly 2 weeks back - was too busy this week to get through the shots from the prior weekend and have been a bit distracted this entire weekend with my old home grounds on fire (Calabasas, CA) - I have lots of friends and some family living all through the area and have been going nuts trying to get word on them all.

Here are some wildlife shots from my wetlands spots last weekend, to get my mind off it!:

A juvenile purple gallinule walking on floating leaves:

original.jpg

A raccoon walking away, but turning back to check if I'm following:

original.jpg

A little blue heron, with a nice catch for lunch:

original.jpg

A bee gathering some pollen:

original.jpg

A lovely green heron, showing his fine colors and patterns and fine hairlike feather coat:

original.jpg

• Like 1