Freedom of the Seas - Center Hump Deck 9 port side (balcony 9642)

Hi,

before our cruise I couldn’t find an answer here for my worries.

I was worried about possible noise issues in balcony cabin 9642 onboard Freedom of the Seas, after I found out that the Royal Suite is located above on Deck 10 (especially worried about the subwoofer of the piano and the hot tub on the balcony) and wanted to share our experience with you:

We just came back from our cruise and we had no noise issues at all in that cabin. The center hump balcony was fantastic, we had an awesome view to aft and forward! Yes, there was the water pipeline of the Royal Suite Jacuzzi located on the ceiling of our balcony, but we never had any noise issues caused to it. Also we had no noise issues due to the traffic from elevators and stairways, inside the cabin you couldn’t hear anything! I made a video, in which you will be able to see the water pipeline and view from the balcony.

After 14 days (B2B C ruise) in cabin 9642 we can absolutely recommend it and say „go for it!“🙂

• Like 3

We also just finished our cruise and had stateroom 9640 (hello neighbor!). We were also concerned about potential noise being located by the stairs and elevators but didn't have any issues whatsoever. We really enjoyed the ease of access to the stairs and elevators as well as the view from the hump balcony. Would not hesitate to book that stateroom in the future.

Also want to give a shout out to the excellent staff in the Bull and Bear Pub. Aldric, Ferdy and Christino were fantastic!

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On ‎10‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 5:40 PM, hmhanel said:

We also just finished our cruise and had stateroom 9640 (hello neighbor!). We were also concerned about potential noise being located by the stairs and elevators but didn't have any issues whatsoever. We really enjoyed the ease of access to the stairs and elevators as well as the view from the hump balcony. Would not hesitate to book that stateroom in the future.

Also want to give a shout out to the excellent staff in the Bull and Bear Pub. Aldric, Ferdy and Christino were fantastic!

this is a long shot that you will see this, but I'll try anyway.  Does 9640 directly face the opening to the elevators/stairwell?  I remember being in 8340 and opening my door directly to the open hallway of the elevators/stairway and I'm wondering if 9640 is the same.  Thanks!

Yes, it does directly face the opening to the elevators and stairwell. We are doing a B2B in March but unfortunately could not get a hump balcony for both weeks so we opted for a non-hump balcony stateroom that we can keep for both weeks.

wow, thank you for replying!  I wasn't sure you would since it's an old post.  Okay, good to know.  It's a bit jarring to open our door and see people right in front of us getting ready to turn the corner.  I remember that from last time.  Also, I would hold the door open waiting for my wife and folks through that opening could look straight ahead to our cabin.  It was just sort of weird to have my front door right there.  At least I'm prepared for it this time.  I do agree with you about the noise though! You don't hear anything from those cabins.  

On 10/29/2018 at 5:40 PM, hmhanel said:

Great to hear! I will be in that cabin on Sunday! 😊

• 2 weeks later...

I cannot say thank you enough!!  My hubby and I are in this cabin October 20 this year.  I have been searching everywhere for reviews!  I’m so glad you all have good reviews! We’ve never been in a hump cabin, so I’m super excited!!  

• 1 year later...
On 8/9/2019 at 2:09 AM, manders175 said:

We will be in 9640 on Independence in March. Thank you for this video and review of the room!

You are absolutely welcome! That’s the reason why I started doing cabin videos back in 2013 😅 I am very happy to help! Thank you for your kinds words!