'My Silversea' Page Problem

Bill B

When I am logged into the 'My Silversea' page I cannot access or update any of the selections in the 'Profile' box. I get a spinning circle...that will spin forever.

Does this happen to anyone else?

Bill, I just logged in and uploaded a profile picture, and added my birth country. I used Chrome. It was a little persnickety in that it would not upload the picture until I put it into the root directory of a hard drive (it couldn't handle a complicated path to the file) but otherwise behaved OK.

I just want to edit my phone number. However, I can't. I can't do anything with any of the choices within the 'Profile' box - I just get the never ending spinning circle.

I'm also using Chrome.

Bill B, I have the spinning circle problem on my laptop but not on my other computers.  I did find a solution on the laptop.  After clicking onto My Silversea, I go up to the address line and add a forward slash after the word "com" and type mybookings and press enter.  it then goes directly to the bookings page.  Hope this works for you.   

Wellseasoned,

I'm using a laptop too; and that works, but it doesn't really help. 

When I go to the 'My Silversea' page, my booking is listed at the top. If I click on 'Begin Here Guest Information Form' it takes me to 'My Bookings'... and I can edit anything under 'Guest Info'.

The problem is when I am on the 'My Silversea' page, and the 'My Bookings' page, if I click on any of the six boxes:

- BOOKINGS

- SERVICES

- VENETIAN SOCIETY

- COMMUNICATIONS

- JOURNAL

a menu will pop up. However, when I click on anything within those menus, all I get is the never-ending, spinning circle. :classic_sad:

10 hours ago, Bill B said:

When I go to the 'My Silversea' page, my booking is listed at the top. If I click on 'Begin Here Guest Information Form' it takes me to 'My Bookings'... and I can edit anything under 'Guest Info'.

The problem is when I am on the 'My Silversea' page, and the 'My Bookings' page, if I click on any of the six boxes:

- BOOKINGS

- SERVICES

- VENETIAN SOCIETY

- COMMUNICATIONS

- JOURNAL

a menu will pop up. However, when I click on anything within those menus, all I get is the never-ending, spinning circle. :classic_sad:

Bill, I struggled at first to understand the boxes you mean - but assume its the icons on the left hand side of the screen and not the 6 boxes on the landing page?

I just logged in from work using Chrome and the boxes on mine do bring up the menus you describe... But for me the links work. However I suspect the reason for your problem is you have javascript disabled in your chrome settings. (That's based on the fact those links are Javascript, so i do think its probably the cause!)

If you click on the browser menu (the three dots in the top right).... Select Settings...... Go to the bottom and select advanced..... Then content settings..... If Javascript is disabled, click it to allowed. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

image.png.eb5ccc74fcad5f90124b415a4380656e.png

If it still doesnt work - then in the same "content settings" scroll to the bottom. Select "clean up computer" and then "Find and remove harmful software" and click find. There is a possibility something has been put on your PC causing the problem.

Edited by les37b

Javascript  was allowed; plus I added 'my.silversea.com' to the Allowed 'list'. It makes no difference.

I tried the 'clean up computer'. No harmful software was discovered.

Back to square one... and the endless circle.

9 hours ago, Bill B said:

I just tried Explorer and for both silversea.com and my.silversea.com, it tells me "There is a problem with the site's security certificate".

I don't have another computer to try.

Whats your username and password (and bank details) and I'll try for you! :classic_ninja: :classic_laugh:

Other than whats been suggested, I'm not sure what else to suggest.... Have you tried on a phone or ipad? Connecting the Laptop to a different network connection....? I really cant help thinking its something specific to your PC thats causing the problem and on this occasion not Silversea's IT abilities.

5 hours ago, les37b said:

Whats your username and password (and bank details) and I'll try for you! :classic_ninja: :classic_laugh:,,,

...I really cant help thinking its something specific to your PC thats causing the problem and on this occasion not Silversea's IT abilities.

Are you a layer for the son on a disposed Nigerian dictator? If so, I already sent you $3,300.00 for the 'taxes and fees' on the money. Why has my account been charged an additional $1750.00?

Seriously, I thought it was/is something specific to my computer. However, if so, why does this problem ONLY happen with the Silversea website? It doesn't make sense.

• 2 weeks later...