Tango Show in Buenos Aires

abbydancer2003

In 2010, we did our last cruise in South America, and before the cruise went to the Carlos Gardel tango show.  We're going back in January, and were hoping to see the show again.  It was suggested for us because it's the least touristy (or cheesy) of the tango shows.  

For the last few days, I've been visiting their website, and have noticed that every time I try to do a booking, it tells me to enter it again.  Also, their discount popup that's there when you first visit the website is still showing September, October and November.  They also are not answering email.

So, did they close?  A contact in BA seems to think so.  Also, if so, does anyone have recommendations for a substitute show, not too touristy?

I had booked this tango show and paid in full for a show in November. Because of your post I contacted the vendor and they responded that the show was indeed closed and it is unknown when it might reopen. They had not contacted me at all and now they are processing my refund. Am now checking out the others for reservations.  This goes to show how helpful Cruise Critic members and their postings can be. thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else from the Royal SAGA cruise interested in sharing taxi rides from the port to the hotel in Buenos Aires, Feb.21/19 for ultimate pick up before La Ventana Tango Show with dinner (~$100.USD ea., and drop off back at the hotel afterwards, then subsequent taxi ride back to port /

We're not worried about spending the money for the taxi, just a tad nervous about two ladies being vulnerable there in Buenos Aires. Here's the Viator link for the  show description

https://ca.viator.com/tours/Buenos-Aires/La-Ventana-Tango-Show-with-Optional-Dinner-in-Buenos-Aires/d901-5674VENTA

Thanks for considering it.

'CRUZINPALS'/SetterloverX6

• 1 month later...
On 10/30/2018 at 11:33 AM, surfcitygirl said:

I had booked this tango show and paid in full for a show in November. Because of your post I contacted the vendor and they responded that the show was indeed closed and it is unknown when it might reopen. They had not contacted me at all and now they are processing my refund. Am now checking out the others for reservations.  This goes to show how helpful Cruise Critic members and their postings can be. thank you!

We loved Gala Tango in San Telno. Intimate and a great dinner