Handa Opera Sydney Harbour

Just booked tickets for West Side Story  at the Handa Opera for opening night and have a few questions  I'm hoping fellow patrons could probably answer.  We are planning on taking the water taxi over and from what I understand we catch near the Sydney Opera House itself.  Upon exiting water taxi we will need to go pick up our tickets from the box office.    I have read some reviews that say it can be kind of confusing to locate the box office at this venue.   Anyone have any suggestions or experience with this or tips?    We have never been to an opera before but the experience and location seem once in a lifetime for us.   

Once you go up the stairs into the foyer of the Opera House you shouldn't have any problems finding the Box Office but if you do just ask someone.

BTW West Side Story is a musical, not an opera, but it's a wonderful musical and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

We attended La Boheme on the harbour last season and it was wonderful. I wish we were going for WSS  too. When I booked online I printed up the tickets so no need to collect from anywhere. We just got a taxi from our hotel Old Sydney HI straight to the venue and back afterwards. So easy.

Didn't notice where the box office was, but there were lots of staff around to help.

So jealous!

To clarify, as sunscreen is aware, the Handa Opera stage is not at the Opera House itself, but you can take a special water taxi from the Opera House to the Boy Charlton pool, and it's a short walk from there to the box office and show.

This map shows the location of the venue (southern part of the map), water taxi berth at Boy Charlton pool, and Opera House (at the top right).

https://d30bjm1vsa9rrn.cloudfront.net/pdf/hosh-site-plan-map-2019.pdf

The box office is the first (larger) red rectangle from the water taxi on the way to the venue. The venue is in front of the red box (stage) on the harbour, with a view across to the Opera House. As everyone getting off that water taxi would be going to the show, you should readily see the box office, and I'd expect there to be signage/staff guiding people as well.

• Like 1