Silver Cloud Dublin/London or Amsterdam/Dublin

alithecat

We are viewing 2 cruises on the Silver Cloud for next May. One is Dublin to London, which spends most of the time in coastal Scotland locations. The other is Amsterdam to Dublin, which spends the majority of its days in coastal Ireland. Anyone here done either of these cruises, or similar cruises? I'd appreciate opinions on which is the better itinerary.

We did three back to back cruises on the Cloud this past Spring.  The last two were London to Dublin and Dublin to London.  Both had nearly all the same ports as the cruises you are considering.  Both were excellent, and the best thing is to do both!  But if i had to choose one, i would choose the Dublin to London.  Great scenery, Glencoe, a wonderful ride on the Harry Potter train from Fort William to Mallaig, the sail up the Thames and under Tower Bridge, etc.

I posted a thread about the whole three segments.   It is currently on page 10 of the Silversea topics listings, called Cloud Expedition Lisbon to London.  I will try to put a link here.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2538777-cloud-expedition-lisbon-to-london/