Cabin Assignment

Gailcav

We are booked for a cruise in about 10 days and have not received our cabin assignment.  We booked a veranda, but our confirmation states "guaranteed Veranda".  We booked through a 3rd party and our friends booked a few days after us and have their room assignment.    Should I call the cruise line?  Wait until we get to the ship and hope for an upgrade?   Just be patient?  Suggestions?

Thanks!

Hi Everyone and Thank you!  We received our cabin assignment today, and we got a cabin based on what we booked. My concern is that it's below the Main Stage.  I've read a few other posts that said it's not bad, but it can be noisy at times.  Also a little disappointed that we got a balcony with a steel railing.  Oh well, we're just excited to go!

Edited by Gailcav

22 minutes ago, Gailcav said:

Hi Everyone and Thank you!  We received our cabin assignment today, and we got a cabin based on what we booked. My concern is that it's below the Main Stage.  I've read a few other posts that said it's not bad, but it can be noisy at times.  Also a little disappointed that we got a balcony with a steel railing.  Oh well, we're just excited to go!

Just plan to go to the late show, then you won't be trying to fall asleep during it! As far as the rail, the plexiglas of non-steel rails isn't clear either. If you're standing you will have a good view.

Curious minds want to know, what ship and what itinerary?

As I suspected, you are not under the MainStage, but above it. Having been under the Blues Club and the Galley (different cruises) -- I have to believe that above is better than under! The sound has to go through quite a lot of air, considering that the MS is three stories tall.

If you go to 

This link

You can find pics and two short reviews of cabins on the forward Upper Promenade of the Nieuw Amsterdam, sister to the Eurodam. Both mention the noise; one wouldn't take the room again and the other would! The show is over at 11, if you want to sleep earlier, take ear plugs. There will be rehearsals in the afternoons, if you want to nap then, take ear plugs!

On that link, if you go down to Eurodam 4043, the last to photos show the steel rail and the (NOT CLEAR) plexiglass rail together. I hope you'll think it's not a big difference!

Haha, thanks for the invite! We have a TransAtlantic coming up in December -- have not been home longer than 5-6 weeks at a time this entire calendar year and mostly shorter than that (made FIVE trips to Moab UT for family issues and visits). Looking forward to this month at home! Trying to get as organized at home as I am on a ship or in a travel trailer... obviously have much more belongings at home than in those two situations.

Where are you from? Maybe we will sail together some other time!