Live From the Star Princess Hawaii R/T November 4, 2018

Woobstr112G

A late good evening from Palmdale Ca.  DW & I will be leaving on Friday for a two night stay at the Doubletree in a San Pedro before boarding the Star Ptincess on Sunday for our cruise to Hawaii.  Decided to start this live from a little early so I could report on our stay in San Pedro before boarding and to start compiling a list of questions fellow CC’ers might have.

We’ve been looking forward to this cruise since we booked it last July.  Over a year of working cruise fund overtime at work has allowed me to book the Grand Suite:classic_smile:.  I am so ready to go.  

Over the next two days I’ll be doing a bunch of last minute stuff to get ready.   Tomorrow I’ll be finish up my packing and making a few last minute cruise related purchases.  

Fire away way with any questions you might have.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

• Like 1

Thanks for your report.  Does your itinerary include Hilo?  There was a time when people were saying that Hilo would be cancelled.  I have a Hilo helicopter tour scheduled next March.  

An early "Aloha" to you😌

Edited by Cruisin'Rabbit

I will be anxious to hear how you enjoy your cabin.   We had the Grand suite on the Star for a 28 day Tahiti cruise and absolutely loved it.   One of the suite perks that I really miss is the fresh flowers.  And in that cabin - wow -  two huge containers in the entry way, and a large one on the buffet server and some in the batrhroom.   They changed them when they started to look unkept.   I have often wondered if that cabin still gets the fresh ones.   An orchid plant would look lost on those entry shelves or the buffet server.        And that three room bathroom!!!!   

Make sure you do the balcony dinner - more flowers  - you will be served the appetizers on the balcony and dinner at the dining room table - and invite friends!!     We did one the evening we left Maui - absolutely beautiful.   I think we had dinner in the cabin more than we went to the MDR.    Loved the double doors and the doorbell was nice but we could not hear it from the balcony.

We had four suitcases and did not come close to filling all the storage spaces.

You are going to have a wonderful cruise.

6 hours ago, Cruisin'Rabbit said:

Thanks for your report.  Does your itinerary include Hilo?  There was a time when people were saying that Hilo would be cancelled.  I have a Hilo helicopter tour scheduled next March.  

An early "Aloha" to you😌

So far as I’ve heard,  Hilo is still a go.  We are also doing a helicopter there.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

47 minutes ago, Arizona cruisers said:

Following...have a great trip Bob!  You will be missed on the Sky roll call, but I am happy for info from you on Star since we will be on her in December for 30 days!

I’ll still drop by on occasion.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

38 minutes ago, compozer said:

I will be anxious to hear how you enjoy your cabin.   We had the Grand suite on the Star for a 28 day Tahiti cruise and absolutely loved it.   One of the suite perks that I really miss is the fresh flowers.  And in that cabin - wow -  two huge containers in the entry way, and a large one on the buffet server and some in the batrhroom.   They changed them when they started to look unkept.   I have often wondered if that cabin still gets the fresh ones.   An orchid plant would look lost on those entry shelves or the buffet server.        And that three room bathroom!!!!   

Make sure you do the balcony dinner - more flowers  - you will be served the appetizers on the balcony and dinner at the dining room table - and invite friends!!     We did one the evening we left Maui - absolutely beautiful.   I think we had dinner in the cabin more than we went to the MDR.    Loved the double doors and the doorbell was nice but we could not hear it from the balcony.

We had four suitcases and did not come close to filling all the storage spaces.

You are going to have a wonderful cruise.

29260069453_17803470db_d.jpg29260068023_07df2bfba0_d.jpg

We enjoyed the UBD and the GS on the CB.  Both were an over the top experience.  I already have it reserved for one of our sea days after leaving Hawaii.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

7 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

A late good evening from Palmdale Ca.  DW & I will be leaving on Friday for a two night stay at the Doubletree in a San Pedro before boarding the Star Ptincess on Sunday for our cruise to Hawaii.  Decided to start this live from a little early so I could report on our stay in San Pedro before boarding and to start compiling a list of questions fellow CC’ers might have.

We’ve been looking forward to this cruise since we booked it last July.  Over a year of working cruise fund overtime at work has allowed me to book the Grand Suite:classic_smile:.  I am so ready to go.  

Over the next two days I’ll be doing a bunch of last minute stuff to get ready.   Tomorrow I’ll be finish up my packing and making a few last minute cruise related purchases.  

Fire away way with any questions you might have.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

what kind of internet package are you getting ?

42 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

Wishing you the greatest trip with calm seas and lots of great weather.  Looking forward to following along!

Thank you Carolyn.  I've been looking forward to this sailing ever since I booked it 461 days ago.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

10 hours ago, Cruisin'Rabbit said:

An early "Aloha" to you😌

3 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

So far as I’ve heard,  Hilo is still a go.  We are also doing a helicopter there.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

The major lava eruption has ceased & parts of Volcanoes National Park have reopened so things visitors do are back to normal in Hilo.

Tender service to the Arizona Memorial is still unavailable & the recent announcement extended the closure due to structural problems until at least March 2019.  Even the December 7 remembrance won’t have access to the memorial.  They still offer free tender boat tours to view the ship & around Pearl Harbor.

Are the great Hawaiian ambassadors Elua on your cruise?  I think that Tiki Dave & Leialoha are the hardest working entertainers on any ship & they seem to be everywhere.

We just returned from Maui to the Mainland otherwise we could have meet you in Lahaina.

We still enjoy the roundtrip LA cruise to Hawaii...it’s enjoyable to island-hop for the day to the other islands by simply stepping off the ship. 😎

Buon Viaggio...Aloha & Shaka!. 🤙

Edited by Astro Flyer

I hope you have a great trip Bob and thank you for posting this "Live from...".

I'll be following along avidly (and may even post some questions if they occur to me) as I will be taking my first Hawaiian cruise (on the Emerald, though) this coming January.

Bon Voyage.

Bon voyage Bob!  Will be following... Loved, loved my cruises to Hawaii.  However, this time around, off to the Caribbean one week after you sail, for something new.  I do envy you the GS!  I'm very happy with my upsell from an inside cabin to a balcony on Lido deck however!  Enjoy your cruise!

Good afternoon all.  Well, I got my packing all done:classic_smile:.  Well at least until Holli tells me she ran out of room in her suitcases:classic_biggrin:.  Getting ready to give the front/back yards their final pre-cruise now.  After that, hopefully I can relax a bit.  Tomorrow a grooming my appointment is on tap for Me aha and a hair/nail appointment for Holli.

Take Care.....

Bob

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good afternoon all.  Well, I got my packing all done:classic_smile:.  Well at least until Holli tells me she ran out of room in her suitcases:classic_biggrin:.  Getting ready to give the front/back yards their final pre-cruise now.  After that, hopefully I can relax a bit.  Tomorrow a grooming my appointment is on tap for Me aha and a hair/nail appointment for Holli.

Take Care.....

Bob

are you packing formal wear ?

19 minutes ago, phabric said:

I have been thinking on taking this cruise.  I will be following along.

Are you doing private or Princess tours?

We are doing Princess excursions in Hilo & Honolulu.  In Kauai, I booked a private flying excursion in an open cockpit bi-plane.  In Maui, I hope to meet up with a former coworker who retired and now lives there.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

• Haha 1