Live From the Star Princess Hawaii R/T November 4, 2018

Woobstr112G

3 hours ago, Carolina Cruisers 2 said:

Hello Bob and Holli,

Wishing you a fantastic voyage.  Wish I could follow but we will be on Mexican cruise.  We are really looking forward to our cruise Nov. 2019.

Hugs to both of you,

Franky and Jack

Hi Franky.  I’m sure you and Jack will have a great cruise.  Regards to Jack and I’ll pass along your regards to Holli.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

4 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

The major lava eruption has ceased & parts of Volcanoes National Park have reopened so things visitors do are back to normal in Hilo.

Tender service to the Arizona Memorial is still unavailable & the recent announcement extended the closure due to structural problems until at least March 2019.  Even the December 7 remembrance won’t have access to the memorial.  They still offer free tender boat tours to view the ship & around Pearl Harbor.

Are the great Hawaiian ambassadors Elua on your cruise?  I think that Tiki Dave & Leialoha are the hardest working entertainers on any ship & they seem to be everywhere.

We just returned from Maui to the Mainland otherwise we could have meet you in Lahaina.

We still enjoy the roundtrip LA cruise to Hawaii...it’s enjoyable to island-hop for the day to the other islands by simply stepping off the ship. 😎

Buon Viaggio...Aloha & Shaka!. 🤙

Mahalo Frank.  We've been looking forward to this since I booked the itinerary a short 461 days ago.  I am so ready to begin our adventure.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

3 hours ago, Woobstr112G said:

...  In Kauai, I booked a private flying excursion in an open cockpit bi-plane....

Bob

Sounds like a hoot.  What is the company?  We've done Wings Over Kauai a couple of times, but, an open bi-plane sounds so much more interesting.

1 hour ago, ar1950 said:

Sounds like a hoot.  What is the company?  We've done Wings Over Kauai a couple of times, but, an open bi-plane sounds so much more interesting.

I booked the excursion with AirVenturesHawaii.  Below is the link.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

https://kauaiairtour.com/kauai-air-tours/kauai-air-tour-by-biplane/

Bob

2 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Bon Voyage Bob!   😎😎😎

1 hour ago, icat2000 said:

Have a fabulous time Bob. 

2 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

Bob ~ thanks for posting about your cruise. I look forward to reading it when I get back from my 14 days on the Bliss.

Have a great time. Bon voyage to you, Holli & Ann.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Thanks for the good thoughts.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

An early good morning to everyone from Palmdale Ca.  Well as expected, I got very little and got up about an hour ago.  The last several days before any cruise, for me are filled with so much to do, anticipation, etc that is at times hard to get much sleep.  Anyway, today holds taking both Misha and Holli to a couple of appointments and you guessed it; rearranging my suitcases to fit some of Holli's stuff as she ran out of room:classic_biggrin:.  There also might be a couple of last minute runs to our local Target later this afternoon.  Tomorrow I'll once again be up early to get on the road at 0500 to take Misha to his pet hotel.  It's only about 40 miles away but it travels over two busy morning commute freeways.  If I left any later, I'd be on the road several extra hours getting down there and back home.

That's all for now.  Please feel free to fire away with any questions you may have for our upcoming pre-cruise stay in San Pedro or for the cruise itself.  I will do my best to answer them for you.

3 days and a bag drag till embarkation.....:classic_smile:🤙:classic_smile:

Bob

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cruisin'Rabbit said:

Wow!  Great picture!  Thanks for sharing😋

There are more to wet your whistle on my Flickr page (the link is in my signature).  Click on either the Golden (2011) or Sapphire (2013) albums.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, retiring soon said:

Hi all!

Bob ~ thanks for posting about your cruise. I look forward to reading it when I get back from my 14 days on the Bliss.

Have a great time. Bon voyage to you, Holli & Ann.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Thanks Jo and you have a great time on your Panama Canal cruise also.

Bon Voyage to all of us

Edited by cruisin'low
  • Like 1

Quick question for those who have recently sailed on the Star.  Do they have the new "On Demand" televisions.  I was hoping not as we like to bring a small dvd player and discs from home.  I experienced on the Royal that it was impossible to attach the dvd player and get it to work.....

Bob

1 hour ago, Woobstr112G said:

Quick question for those who have recently sailed on the Star.  Do they have the new "On Demand" televisions.  I was hoping not as we like to bring a small dvd player and discs from home.  I experienced on the Royal that it was impossible to attach the dvd player and get it to work.....

Bob

No "on demand".