Live From the Star Princess Hawaii R/T November 4, 2018

Woobstr112G

2 hours ago, Anubi said:

Hey Bob!!  Going to be following since we are doing almost the same cruise in April.  Have a few martinis and think of us.  All the best to Holli and Mischa!!   :classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin::classic_biggrin:

Wanda thanks for coming along on our journey.  One of these days, we just gotta finish that martini duel....,

Bob

• Like 1

Good morning all.  Well the day of leaving for San Pedro is here.  I’m getting ready to take our beloved Misha to his vacation spot in Reseda.  Holli won’t be coming as it is too hard for her to leave him.  She will however go to pick him up.  I’ll check in later.  Hope all are well.....

Bob

1 hour ago, diddlydi said:

Hope you and Holli have a great cruise . Enjoy.

37 minutes ago, donna9214 said:

Following along, thanks for doing this and have a great cruise!

Thanks.  We’ve been looking forward to this since I booked last July.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

1 hour ago, Photofinish4 said:

My friends are getting off the star the day you get on. You will have the greatest Capt.Tuvo on your ship. Could you verify what ship he is moving to in 2020 and where it will be cruising from? Thank you.

Will do.  I thought I read somewhere that the Star along with the Golden were going to P&O in the next few years with the Golden going first.  I will verify once I get onboard.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

Hi Bob & Holli,

Have a great time on the cruise. I will be following along 🚣🏼‍♂️.

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

Thanks Tony.... 

10 hours ago, caribill said:

Please post what the traditional dining times are so we can see how they compare to the new times listed in the Personalizer.

Have a great cruise.

Will do sir.....:classic_smile:

Bob

An early good evening from the Hilton Doubletree in San Pedro.  We’ve been checked in for about an hour.  Holli is resting up at the moment while I roam around the marina taking a few pictures.  Hotel is pretty crowded.  The  Norwegian Bliss sails tomorrow for a 14 day Panama Canal Cruise.  There are tons of NCL cruisers in the restaurant and at the bar.  Haven’t spied any of our r/c members yet.  There are a few checking in today and a few checking in tomorrow.

That’s all for now.  I’ll check in a little later.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

98B8A4C7-72CA-446F-8EBD-507FB443F5A9.jpeg

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

An early good evening from the Hilton Doubletree in San Pedro.  We’ve been checked in for about an hour.  Holli is resting up at the moment while I roam around the marina taking a few pictures.  Hotel is pretty crowded.  The  Norwegian Bliss sails tomorrow for a 14 day Panama Canal Cruise.  There are tons of NCL cruisers in the restaurant and at the bar.  Haven’t spied any of our r/c members yet.  There are a few checking in today and a few checking in tomorrow.

That’s all for now.  I’ll check in a little later.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

98B8A4C7-72CA-446F-8EBD-507FB443F5A9.jpeg

Hey Bob, do you think Jo might be staying there too? I am not sure where she said she was staying as she leaves tomorrow on the Bliss.

1 hour ago, cruisin'low said:

Hey Bob, do you think Jo might be staying there too? I am not sure where she said she was staying as she leaves tomorrow on the Bliss.

She told me she was staying at the Vagabond which is on Gaffey.  

Bob

Good morning from the Hilton Doubletree in San Pedro.  I got a fairly good amount of sleep last night so I’m ready to go today.  Right now many of the NCL Bliss cruisers are beginning to stage their luggage in preparation for the shuttle ride to the cruise terminal.  

For this morning, my plans are to walk around the marina and take a bunch of pictures.  After that, Holli & I will get a late breakfast.  A little later, I have to Uber it to the local Target to pick up a few things I forgot to pack.  Tonight we plan to dine at the 22ND St. Landing which is a nearby restaurant.  That’s all for now, I’ check in later.

Hope all are well.....:classic_smile::classic_smile::classic_smile:

Bob

8F7B7437-BB9D-4E68-99BA-8207E8E55404.jpeg

Good morning all from San Pedro Ca.  The boards were down the entire day (yesterday) from about 0600 onwards.  The last time I checked around two hours ago they were still down.  Anyway, the big day is here.  After waiting patiently for the last 464 days (since booking) we board the beautiful Star Princess later on this morning.  Right now, it is just about 0500.  I was hoping to get a glimpse of the Star as she arrives (if she hasn't already) but the fog is rather thick.  I do hear the sound of a loud foghorn coming from the area of the breakwater.  Maybe I might get lucky.  

As far as yesterday goes, I just walked around the marina taking a bunch of pictures. We had a great dinner at the 22ND St. Landing restaurant.  I also highly recommend this for a night before embarkation dimmer.  Yesterday, the Ruby Princess sailed out around 1630 (not sure of the itinerary MR maybe).  The new NCL Bliss also sailed around 1830 for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise to Miami.  She is one big ship at about 168K tons.  Kinda big compared to the Star at a tiny 109K tons.  She sure is a beautiful ship.  Holli & I have been talking and I think we would both like to try an NCL cruise someday.

Today, we plan to avail ourselves of the Doubletree's free shuttle for the long 2.6 mile trek to the cruise terminal.  Our shuttle leaves at 1130.  A few words about the Doubletree.  I really like this place and would highly recommend it to anyone cruising out of San Pedro.  

A couple of things about my posts during the Live From.  I will have a ton of internet minutes so feel free to fire away with any and all questions.  I will post a list of ships officers as soon as we board and get settled in.  I will also advise of those pesky new dining times that everyone has been talking about.  I am also personally interested if they have implemented the new wine lists and made the promised additions to their meager selections of beer onboard.  One last thing.  I will be scanning and posting all of the patters to my Flickr page (link is in my signature) when we get home.

One last thing for those who know me and what kind of work I do.  Holli & I, while on this cruise, are going to have a long conversation about my work future (stay working or retire) while on this cruise.  I'm stating to think that 38 years might be enough.

Grand Suite here we come.  Time to get this party started.....:classic_biggrin:🙂:classic_biggrin:

Bob

• Like 2

appreciate you posting and posting style - adding in a few great pictures at a time to multiple postings - make it better if someone quotes your post in the reply without having to scroll thru 25+ pictures

And I at least enjoy the black / bold larger font

33 minutes ago, Woobstr112G said:

Good morning all from San Pedro Ca.  The boards were down the entire day (yesterday) from about 0600 onwards.  The last time I checked around two hours ago they were still down.  Anyway, the big day is here.  After waiting patiently for the last 464 days (since booking) we board the beautiful Star Princess later on this morning.  Right now, it is just about 0500.  I was hoping to get a glimpse of the Star as she arrives (if she hasn't already) but the fog is rather thick.  I do hear the sound of a loud foghorn coming from the area of the breakwater.  Maybe I might get lucky.  

As far as yesterday goes, I just walked around the marina taking a bunch of pictures. We had a great dinner at the 22ND St. Landing restaurant.  I also highly recommend this for a night before embarkation dimmer.  Yesterday, the Ruby Princess sailed out around 1630 (not sure of the itinerary MR maybe).  The new NCL Bliss also sailed around 1830 for a 14 day Panama Canal cruise to Miami.  She is one big ship at about 168K tons.  Kinda big compared to the Star at a tiny 109K tons.  She sure is a beautiful ship.  Holli & I have been talking and I think we would both like to try an NCL cruise someday.

Today, we plan to avail ourselves of the Doubletree's free shuttle for the long 2.6 mile trek to the cruise terminal.  Our shuttle leaves at 1130.  A few words about the Doubletree.  I really like this place and would highly recommend it to anyone cruising out of San Pedro.  

A couple of things about my posts during the Live From.  I will have a ton of internet minutes so feel free to fire away with any and all questions.  I will post a list of ships officers as soon as we board and get settled in.  I will also advise of those pesky new dining times that everyone has been talking about.  I am also personally interested if they have implemented the new wine lists and made the promised additions to their meager selections of beer onboard.  One last thing.  I will be scanning and posting all of the patters to my Flickr page (link is in my signature) when we get home.

One last thing for those who know me and what kind of work I do.  Holli & I, while on this cruise, are going to have a long conversation about my work future (stay working or retire) while on this cruise.  I'm stating to think that 38 years might be enough.

Grand Suite here we come.  Time to get this party started.....:classic_biggrin:🙂:classic_biggrin:

Bob

Enjoy your cruise i'll be following. I don't know what your line of work is but I say if you are able to retire do so and enjoy life 

To have the CC Boards down yesterday without a prior word to the members, seemed very inconsiderate. However, maybe it was not planned and they had no control.

Regardless, we are up and running now and I also will be boarding the Star today with Bob and Holli. So looking forward to this cruise.