How many cruises have you been on?

JaiJae

12 hours ago, Extra Kim said:

Define what a cruise is.

Is a 40hrs ferry cruise between two countries a cruise? To me, a cruise is when you cruise on a ship that's a dedicated cruise ship. At the same time, I do belive that a cruise on Hurtigruten would count as a real cruise.. But Hurtigruten does not have cruise ships.

What I did, when working out the number of cruises, was added one point to cover all the many, many nights at sea on ferries- eg a couple of times to Sweden from the UK which was 2 nights, or Portsmouth to Brittany- I just say one cruise to cover probably 40 years of ferries.

I've done 3 short cruises of just one week, but mainly 2 weeks or a month. I've been to a lot of ports, and tried a good few lines.

On 10/31/2018 at 10:30 AM, 2Shoes2Go said:

DH has 10 more than me. 161 cruises on Carnival; 62 on Royal. We began cruising when we got married in 2007. :classic_biggrin:

We are approaching 30 cruises starting about 20 years ago.  There is a lot of respectable cruise experience being shared in this thread, but 223 cruises since 2007 is incredible.  Congrats!

• Like 2

We started cruising in 2008, and immediately booked another cruise for three months later. Cruise #6 in January for a 9-day Eastern Caribbean, and #7 in May for a 4-day Bahamas. Those 7 cruises are all on Royal Caribbean. We have our first Carnival cruise in 2020, then will be cruising with Royal to get to diamond level C&A.

35 cruise days so far.

My first cruise, 28 years ago, was almost my last.  For our twenty-fifth anniversary, my husband surprised me with a cruise from NYC to Bermuda.  I got so seasick it took him ten years to talk me into another cruise.  Since then we have gone on approx. 29 more.  The first five of those were  5 day Caribbean ones, but once I got my sea legs and courage up we were off and running...and I have never gone on another that was under a week. In addition to the Caribbean, we have cruised in Alaska, the Baltic area, the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, two River cruises abroad, New England and Canada as well as a 17 day transatlantic. My parents were avid cruisers too and until my father died at 93, regularly won the 'longest married couple' contest on board.

Edited by lynncarol
additional info
  • Like 1

We had cruised twice on Windjammer Barefoot Cruises out of Tortola and one NCL cruise out of Miami.  Then, in 2009, my wife and I were both diagnosed with cancer.  Soon after successful Chemo and Radiation treatments we decided we'ed better hit the waves.  We started booking four cruises per year and completed 56.  We were nine days into our 57th when I was put off the ship in Falmouth, Jamaica due to heart failure.  After five days in a Montego Bay Hospital I was air-lifted to Ft. Lauderdale where I recovered.  Our cruising days are over now but it's still the best way to travel.  We did four Transatlantic cruises, Alaska four times and the Panama Canal West Coast three times.  We also did Quebec, the Maritimes New England plus eastern and western Caribbean never having a bad day until Falmouth.

3 hours ago, Hlitner said:

If you can remember how many cruises then it’s not that many 🤗 

Hank

Ha ha.:classic_biggrin:

When I can't get to sleep, instead of counting sheep I count how many cruises, or how many ports or how many countries or how many airports I've visited, or how many cars I've had, or how many girlfriends.

Partway through I forget whether I've already included one, so I have to start again.

I'm asleep before I finish counting.

JB :classic_smile:  

ps. OK, I lied about girlfriends. Five isn't a difficult number to remember :classic_rolleyes: 

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, John Bull said:

Ha ha.:classic_biggrin:

When I can't get to sleep, instead of counting sheep I count how many cruises, or how many ports or how many countries or how many airports I've visited, or how many cars I've had, or how many girlfriends.

Partway through I forget whether I've already included one, so I have to start again.

I'm asleep before I finish counting.

JB :classic_smile:  

ps. OK, I lied about girlfriends. Five isn't a difficult number to remember :classic_rolleyes: 

Except for the girlfriends part, I do the exact same thing.