The Lobster Controversy

c-boy

Just returned from an Alaskan cruise on the Holland Westerdam and I would rate the lobster tail as a 2.5.  My wife doesn't like lobster so I had both tails.  The filet mignon that was served with the lobster was excellent.

• Like 1

I have been surprised at how well executed the little warm water lobster tails are prepped/cooked.

No they aren't cold water... 

Yet for all fo the "complaints" -- the ships serve 1000s of them EACH sailing. So someone is eating them

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 11:42 AM, Cru1s1ng2009 said:

i actually visualized your story!

I am from Maryland and I prefer crab over lobster any day. The texture is much better.

I am with you, I prefer the other items that night. I now may ask for one on the side though. Thanks for the idea.

And now thank YOU for an idea.  I might get one, carry it to our cabin and refrigerate, and have it on our verandah with some sparkling wine for lunch.

• Like 1

You can get very spoiled on Regent. Lobster tails (some nights cold water and some nights warm water) are available evert night in the main dining room for dinner. The cold water tails were delicious, a 4.5, grilled in butter. I did not order the warm water tails. Lobster is also available in the specialty restaurants, a whole lobster de shelled for you a 4.5 and a Lobster Tempura with a trio of dipping sauces was an easy 5.0.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 10:48 AM, kjbacon said:

You can get very spoiled on Regent. Lobster tails (some nights cold water and some nights warm water) are available evert night in the main dining room for dinner. The cold water tails were delicious, a 4.5, grilled in butter. I did not order the warm water tails. Lobster is also available in the specialty restaurants, a whole lobster de shelled for you a 4.5 and a Lobster Tempura with a trio of dipping sauces was an easy 5.0.

I think when I get into my golden years  we will sail with Regent, Silver seas. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2019 at 2:20 PM, clo said:

And now thank YOU for an idea.  I might get one, carry it to our cabin and refrigerate, and have it on our verandah with some sparkling wine for lunch.

Good luck with that!  Princess is very iffy about letting you do that.  A plate of cookies yes, anything cooked from the MDR, no.

Edited by stoneharborlady

14 minutes ago, stoneharborlady said:

Good luck with that!  Princess is very iffy about letting you do that.  A plate of cookies yes, anything cooked from the MDR, no.

We'll be on Oceania.