Emerald Princess Question

lovin_retirement

It is in the Wheelhouse pub.  I went to and from Hawaii earlier this month on the Emerald and we went to the Salty  Dog once.  It was really good - I loved the hamburger.  I thought the Salty Dog was good value for the money.

6 minutes ago, SandraH said:

It is in the Wheelhouse pub.  I went to and from Hawaii earlier this month on the Emerald and we went to the Salty  Dog once.  It was really good - I loved the hamburger.  I thought the Salty Dog was good value for the money.

Mr.QT loved the hamburger and I'm still drooling over the Lobster Mac and Cheese. We also thought it was very good value for the money.

We did 28 days on Emerald last October. I was in Wheelhouse every day and I think I say maybe 8 people eat there. It was a total waste of space - for that cruise. Of course the demographic on that cruise was older than usual due to the length of cruise. Skywalker's was hardly used at all and closed early every night until the last portion of the cruise when there were 8 sea days in a row. It still wasn't busy but at least it had some business.

Onboard now, it's most definitely in the Wheelhouse Bar, deck 7, forward near the theater.  

It's great value for money, food is really good. Have been several tables full of folks for dinner every night we've gone, whether for music or dinner or pre-theater drinks. 28 day sailing currently..

Since we're talking about the Emerald, and I should know this answer because I did the 28 day South Pacific just last year, but I can't remember if that ship has the "on demand" tv's.  Going to Hawaii on the same ship in a few months, and I just can't remember.

Thanks all.

41 minutes ago, EightFurryPaws said:

Since we're talking about the Emerald, and I should know this answer because I did the 28 day South Pacific just last year, but I can't remember if that ship has the "on demand" tv's.  Going to Hawaii on the same ship in a few months, and I just can't remember.

Thanks all.

Last October Emerald had the older, smaller TV sets and did not have on demand.

Edited by Thrak

40 minutes ago, EightFurryPaws said:

Thanks all.

Nope, no on demand TV on Emerald as yet.

Currently small, maybe 27 or 30 inch, flat screen in upper corner of cabin, with channel listing that list program and times offered - it's all one long loop.. 

Probably install on-demand in drydock in March.. 

4 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Probably install on-demand in drydock in March.. 

According to the PCL website, the Emerald had her last refurb in December 2015. Does anyone know the extent of the work that will take place during the March drydock?

I’m curious in part because we will be on her the following February for the 28 day South Pacific round-trip.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, centralcalicruzer said:

We're sailing next week and it's not available to pre-book like Crown Grill and Share. Can you only book once on board? It wasn't on the Emerald when we sailed on her in 2012.

We are sailing in February and there is the option to pre-book these restaurants. Maybe you're just to close to the sail date, or maybe all the pre-booking slots have been filled. There should be times available when you board. Call the dining line or visit the restaurant(s) on boarding day.

54 minutes ago, centralcalicruzer said:

We're sailing next week and it's not available to pre-book like Crown Grill and Share. Can you only book once on board? It wasn't on the Emerald when we sailed on her in 2012.

No, Salty Dog cannot be reserved in advance. And you don't need to either really.  While it's been relatively busy, walk-ins are most definitely accommodated.. Or make a reservation a day or so in advance.  

12 minutes ago, Margarita91 said:

Does anyone know if they have rolled out the new mixed drinks and 39 new wines by the glass on the Emerald Princess?  Any pictures of the new menus?

The new wine list is out, same as the one on Caribbean Princess,  where photos have been posted in earlier thread.

No sign of new cocktails.