Celebrity Apex's Blocks Are In The House!

Tall-Cruiser

15 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I think kearney mentioned Climax as a possibility. I wouldn't dare tell people what ship I was going on. 😉  Vertex is what we call the head first presentation of a baby at delivery, so also weird. I'll stick with the others.

Thanks! We can see how things develop. Hope I can do both and visit Venice.🙂

So, I can count on all the news, as you are going live or (dead) on that cruise!  Great!

Texed is voting for Ape....oh my; not liking that at all...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

So, I can count on all the news, as you are going live or (dead) on that cruise!  Great!

Texed is voting for Ape....oh my; not liking that at all...

APEX is just a bad  name ...... sounds too much like something else ( ladies!)

• Haha 1

If the only problem is the name of the ship, then it's not really a problem. The name isn't going to stop me cruising. It could be called Titanic and I'm still cruising on my holidays.

I like Apex but maybe cause in England it doesn't stand for anything else than what Apex means.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SausPud said:

If the only problem is the name of the ship, then it's not really a problem. The name isn't going to stop me cruising. It could be called Titanic and I'm still cruising on my holidays.

I like Apex but maybe cause in England it doesn't stand for anything else than what Apex means.

I dislike the name, but it won't stop me from sailing her!

I did find this today, so it looks like the there will be a pre-inaugural naming ceremony cruise:

"The liner offers a short pre-naming voyage (April 2020) for travel agents only."

I also looked at a couple of the TA websites with extensive descriptions of the Apex (mostly just a repeat of the Edge) and Eden is described without mentioning or picturing the Edenists on both sites. They do mention performance art in Eden. Interestingly, the X website doesn't have pictures of Edenists under the Edge either and they don't specifically mention them. They do mention an evening Revelation. Work in progress.....

I posted this on another thread, but thought it also belonged here. I found a French press release about the Apex and noticed that it had some news about the 3 ships after her. They are going to be bigger, with more cabins than the Edge/Apex. Wondering if they will have more traditional verandas or at least bigger IV verandas. Very excited to hear more about the Beyond!

This is the translated version. The link is below and has some Apex pictures.

"Chantiers de l'Atlantique launched the second of five cruise ships ordered by the American company Celebrity Cruises. Postponed for a day because of too strong wind, the transfer of the Celebrity Apex (K34) of the form B to the dock dock Penhoët, through the form-lock Jourbert, came Friday, May 17. An operation carried out by the teams of the Nazaire shipyard, the pilots of the Loire and the tugs of Boluda France.

The K34 is the sister ship of the Celebrity Edge (J34), a 306 meter long and 39 meter wide vessel, 129,500 GT gauge and 1467 cabins delivered last October. It will be completed in March 2020.

Three other ships will complete this class, with the 5th Edge order confirmed last month at Chantiers de l'Atlantique. These future ships will nevertheless be larger than their two eldest, thanks to the addition of an additional section. The length will be increased to 327 meters and the gauge to 140,600 GT. As for the number of cabins, which is not yet official, it should turn around 1600. The L34, the first of these "Edge Jumbo", will be delivered in 2021, the next M34 in 2022 and the N34 in 2024."

https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/les-chantiers-de-latlantique-mettent-leau-le-celebrity-apex

If those figures are correct, then the space ratio number per guest goes from 44 to 39. Even though large they will less spacious. Oasis has a score of 41. So it's not the size of the ship but how many people fit on the size.

It was the score of 44 that impressed me for Edge and Apex.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:24 AM, vtcruising said:

I dislike the name, but it won't stop me from sailing her!

I did find this today, so it looks like the there will be a pre-inaugural naming ceremony cruise:

"The liner offers a short pre-naming voyage (April 2020) for travel agents only."

I also looked at a couple of the TA websites with extensive descriptions of the Apex (mostly just a repeat of the Edge) and Eden is described without mentioning or picturing the Edenists on both sites. They do mention performance art in Eden. Interestingly, the X website doesn't have pictures of Edenists under the Edge either and they don't specifically mention them. They do mention an evening Revelation. Work in progress.....

Thanks for finding and sharing  all these nuggets of info about APEX.

But EDGE will always be your fav E Class ship!

6 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I posted this on another thread, but thought it also belonged here. I found a French press release about the Apex and noticed that it had some news about the 3 ships after her. They are going to be bigger, with more cabins than the Edge/Apex. Wondering if they will have more traditional verandas or at least bigger IV verandas. Very excited to hear more about the Beyond!

This is the translated version. The link is below and has some Apex pictures.

"Chantiers de l'Atlantique launched the second of five cruise ships ordered by the American company Celebrity Cruises. Postponed for a day because of too strong wind, the transfer of the Celebrity Apex (K34) of the form B to the dock dock Penhoët, through the form-lock Jourbert, came Friday, May 17. An operation carried out by the teams of the Nazaire shipyard, the pilots of the Loire and the tugs of Boluda France.

The K34 is the sister ship of the Celebrity Edge (J34), a 306 meter long and 39 meter wide vessel, 129,500 GT gauge and 1467 cabins delivered last October. It will be completed in March 2020.

Three other ships will complete this class, with the 5th Edge order confirmed last month at Chantiers de l'Atlantique. These future ships will nevertheless be larger than their two eldest, thanks to the addition of an additional section. The length will be increased to 327 meters and the gauge to 140,600 GT. As for the number of cabins, which is not yet official, it should turn around 1600. The L34, the first of these "Edge Jumbo", will be delivered in 2021, the next M34 in 2022 and the N34 in 2024."

https://www.meretmarine.com/fr/content/les-chantiers-de-latlantique-mettent-leau-le-celebrity-apex

We heard that Beyond was going to be larger than the E class ships from Capt Costas on the Edge TA. And he said that it will be different from the first two ships.

Definitely looking forward to the updates!

4 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We heard that Beyond was going to be larger than the E class ships from Capt Costas on the Edge TA. And he said that it will be different from the first two ships.

Perhaps they will be more like the newer Big  Royal C ships...the lines keep  blending more and more after each X build!  Wish they would have left X as the relatively smaller ship cruiseline of the brand,  with Modern Luxury as its signature. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I probably shouldn't get my hopes up, but I've got a really good feeling about the Beyond. I am really hoping for a ship that takes the best qualities of S Class and Edge/Apex (with some personality of her own) and hits a home run!  I just hope the prices are not too sky high.

22 minutes ago, SausPud said:

If those figures are correct, then the space ratio number per guest goes from 44 to 39. Even though large they will less spacious. Oasis has a score of 41. So it's not the size of the ship but how many people fit on the size.

It was the score of 44 that impressed me for Edge and Apex.

There was also a lot of open space on the Edge that could have been better-utilized, IMO (especially on the road to Eden). I guess it will depend upon how they utilize the space on the Beyond - hopefully will design it to feel spacious. I hope they continue with the large, amazing bathrooms. I got spoiled - when we sailed the Infinity after the Edge, I felt like I was in a tiny box. 🙂

I saw that the American Ballet Theatre will be on the Naming Ceremony Pre-Cruise. It would be cool if they stayed on for the Inaugural!  I haven't been to a ballet in years and haven't really had a craving to go, but I would love to see it on the ship. 🙂

BTW, I rebooked my Inaugural cruise because of the new promotion and was able to save $400 and add another free perk (total of 3).  🙂

Edited by vtcruising

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

I probably shouldn't get my hopes up, but I've got a really good feeling about the Beyond. I am really hoping for a ship that takes the best qualities of S Class and Edge/Apex (with some personality of her own) and hits a home run!  I just hope the prices are not too sky high.

I agree with your feelings about Beyond. 😊

The prices are already sky high and at this point I have no faith that the prices are going to come down. 🙁 

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

From today (a few pictures):

A cool picture of the Apex (a contrast of the old and the new):

Looking stormy in St. Nazaire:

Fore and aft:

This the Edge - sorry, but I couldn't resist - can't wait to get back on the MC!

• Thanks 1

Love all the posted photos! 

Esp the one with the flowers...looks like  poppies! The night shot with the windmill is also  neat!

So grateful for being kept in the loop..thanks to you all.

.Can't wait to see what's inside,

Edited by hcat

On 6/14/2019 at 6:54 PM, vtcruising said:

There was also a lot of open space on the Edge that could have been better-utilized, IMO (especially on the road to Eden). I guess it will depend upon how they utilize the space on the Beyond - hopefully will design it to feel spacious. I hope they continue with the large, amazing bathrooms. I got spoiled - when we sailed the Infinity after the Edge, I felt like I was in a tiny box. 🙂

Really enjoyed the wide gallery style  hallways and open spaces on EDGE..  It truly felt like a gallery at sea..even  the Guest Relations lobby was so beautiful.  Hope they do not lose that  gen concept.

Sad to see them filling in every possible space on M ships ( little  places where you could sit and read or just chat) ..It will be interesting to re visit Summit in 2020, but looks like they did a fairly good  job brightening  her up!

On 6/18/2019 at 8:32 PM, hcat said:

Really enjoyed the wide gallery style  hallways and open spaces on EDGE..  It truly felt like a gallery at sea..even  the Guest Relations lobby was so beautiful.  Hope they do not lose that  gen concept.

Sad to see them filling in every possible space on M ships ( little  places where you could sit and read or just chat) ..It will be interesting to re visit Summit in 2020, but looks like they did a fairly good  job brightening  her up!

Good points. I too really liked the fact that there were a lot of open areas and nooks for guests to relax that were non-revenue generating. I do hope that they morph a small area into a reading nook/book exchange, with a window or two and wouldn't complain if they turned one of the less successful shops (if any) into a wine bar or some other small lounge.

• Like 1

Wine bar..definitely a good idea.! Sorely missing on EDGE...a  little jazz combo would be nice there too!

Is the 3rd photo above the outdoor pool.? .looks like it with the prism ..but seems it is vivered..is that  perhaps a temp work tarp,?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wine bar..definitely a good idea.! Sorely missing on EDGE...a  little jazz combo would be nice there too!

Is the 3rd photo above the outdoor pool.? .looks like it with the prism ..but seems it is vivered..is that  perhaps a temp work tarp,?

Are you are talking about the tent they have over the area, with staging underneath?  (think you have a typo - vivered?)

image.png.5b18aeeb8e79641288e99704afb53655.png

21 minutes ago, Saab4444 said:

So they will not paint her white behind/below the magic carpet like Edge?

Good catch!

But I think the blue paint is actually a protective undercoat and that eventually the area around the MC will be painted white. Time will tell. 😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Saab4444 said:

So they will not paint her white behind/below the magic carpet like Edge?

I think so.  They painted that pretty late on the Edge - I remember the "controversy." 😉  It would be fun to have a little different design for each ship.