Celebrity Apex's Blocks Are In The House!

Tall-Cruiser

3 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Saw this Wellness on the Waves ad for the Apex Preview Cruise on 4/1/19. The Preview Cruise apparently is a spa-themed cruise. Celebrity is partnering with Spabreaks.com. I don't think this means that the Spa on the Apex will be an Elysium Collection spa - it was a bit confusing.

https://www.spabreaks.com/venues/celebrity-apex-by-celebrity-cruises?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

It also mentioned an outdoor pool in the list of spa amenities.  Is that something new for the spa? Don't remember an outdoor pool attached to the spa on Edge  We did love the spa though...especially the heated loungers and the steam rooms.

6 minutes ago, SCGirl3211 said:

It also mentioned an outdoor pool in the list of spa amenities.  Is that something new for the spa? Don't remember an outdoor pool attached to the spa on Edge  We did love the spa though...especially the heated loungers and the steam rooms.

It is a strange article. It looked like they were advertising one special cruise to promote their spa/products? I wonder if they will continue the relationship on Apex and maybe Edge?

This was another part of the description:

" 4 nights, 3 destinations, 124 treatments available, 31 spa therapists, 23 treatment rooms, 29 restaurants, cafes, bars and lounges, and 127 AquaClass rooms...this is a spa experience of a lifetime"

I loved the heated loungers too and my penguin friends. 🙂

Edited by vtcruising

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the first inside picture that I've seen. Looks like she has the same chandelier in the Martini Bar. It looks like the Martini Bar goes almost all the way around, but on the Edge the base of the chandelier was on the far end. I wonder if they will make space for more seats at the bar since it was a big complaint on the Edge.

I'm not sure if they are just temporary walls on deck 5 (2 up from Martini Bar) on the left or some noise-blocking elements for the FCSH - hope so!

Glad to see someone staring to send out some pictures.

EF501MwW4AEL7Pc?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 3

On 9/8/2019 at 10:24 AM, SCGirl3211 said:

We are looking at this cruise as well.  Any idea what a realistic budget for this type of cruise would be?  Would include airfare from the US. We  have only cruised Caribbean cruises and want to branch out.  Not sure where to start as far as budgeting.

For flights and cruise bookings, maybe a travel agent would be helpful.

I also suggest trvl insurance that covers flights...not just the cruise

Just catching up on this thread..thanks for the spa cruise posting

Very interesting..sounds like a great way to market a cruise in AQ Class on APEX..

Most of what is mentioned  is oncluded in AQ Class anyhow but the extra spa / gym discounts seem nice...Guessing that is courtesy of the booking company?

I also followed their link to SPA ETIQUETTE..

https://www.spabreaks.com/spa-etiquette

This company is interesting to me b/c I am a spa cruiser, so I may  ask them to keep me posted on other spa cruises...hopefully from the US

Edited by hcat

On 9/11/2019 at 1:03 PM, SCGirl3211 said:

I re read the list..I think it's just the 2 pools...doubt there's a spa pool inside the spa or assoc with it..A real T pool would have made the EDGE spa perfect...but  the Thermal Suites are lovely anyhow ( although a relatively  small area)

3 minutes ago, SausPud said:

It could still end up looking like this when finished.

I agree that it will be similar - I wouldn't be surprised if they added a few more seats to the Martini Bar - it looked to me like they could.

As far as the Fine Cut Steakhouse and other restaurants around the Grand Plaza, they have said that they were considering some sound barriers because of noise complaints. It would be great if they could - we had great dining experiences at Fine Cut on the Edge, but sat away from the rail twice for late reservations and not too noisy and the night we sat at the rail, it was earlier in evening and quiet, but others have had noisy experiences there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I agree that it will be similar - I wouldn't be surprised if they added a few more seats to the Martini Bar - it looked to me like they could.

As far as the Fine Cut Steakhouse and other restaurants around the Grand Plaza, they have said that they were considering some sound barriers because of noise complaints. It would be great if they could - we had great dining experiences at Fine Cut on the Edge, but sat away from the rail twice for late reservations and not too noisy and the night we sat at the rail, it was earlier in evening and quiet, but others have had noisy experiences there.

Agreed, all of that could still be added.

The main point is that pictures are surfacing and Celebrity are listening to their passengers. 

I won't have anything to compare to as 1st Celebrity cruise but you can help with the differences and improvements in your respected honest opinions.

Looking forward to having a drink and chat with you onboard.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, SausPud said:

Quoting Vt

It could still end up looking like this when finished.

eg18-grandplaza4r-800x500.jpg

Hcat comment:We were disappointed with that area on EDGE.  Although we do not sit at the Bar...the sound that filled the area was defeaning at prime times and we could not hear any performers there.  We tried sitting at various locations and even up one level...not all that much better.   Needs more sound absorption  materials.   

VT

We will take your advice and listen from Cafe Baccio in Nov...and also try some music there during the day if offered.  On our cruise they had trivia daily...very well attended.

Edited by hcat

2 hours ago, vtcruising said:

IMO, X will keep the area around the Martini bar basically the same as it is on the Edge. Apex's design will be as close to her sister Edge as possible, the main differences being soft furnishings, color schemes and artwork. There is no way to keep the sounds from the Martini bar from impacting surrounding venues without putting solid walls up around most of the bar which would impact the feeling of “openness”.

One solution might be to add solid glass walls to the exterior of the FCSH (and BLU as well), and as @hcat said adding better sound absorbing materials.

I'm so glad we are beginning to see some interior pictures and look forward to more reveals!

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Like 1

Thanks for posting..any little details or pics are appreciated.  Other than the new TV  ad running often here in NY, X seems very tight lipped about APEX,  Wonder if they are giving more info &  advertising overseas???

22 minutes ago, NMTraveller said:

Did they put the Sky Lounge back in?

That was a negative on the Edge as well as them consolidating the entertainment areas into larger venues.  If I wanted a large ship feel I would sail Oasis.

No, there is no sky lounge - the Apex will be a virtual twin to the Edge. The next ship, the Beyond, will be longer so will be different in some ways.

Ours as well.  We went up a deck or 2   from a  7th deck SV on Edge  for our  APEX booking .

Love the posted photos..Too bad there's no way for me to save that aft photo..does not save from instagram...I am not registered

Still not sure we'll keep our res....esp if APEX is  very much the same as EDGE. We have  a similar but longer itin booked on Connie from Tampa...  We,ll see...

7 hours ago, NMTraveller said:

I won’t sail Edge again or Apex without a sky lounge.

We all have our must haves on a ship - I actually prefer Eden to a Sky Lounge. I have never spent much time in any Sky Lounge (I like them, but just not drawn to them unless there is an event that I want to attend going on), but Eden was a relaxing place with great food, bar and outside seating. Loved to read, chat with DH and friends, get great bar service anywhere there all day/evening, grab a delicious bite to eat or cup of tea at the cafe and gaze at the sea. It was a lovely space for music in the late afternoon with the wake as a backdrop. My zen space...😊

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 2

I'm in the middle someplace. I very much enjoyed Eden, but I can remember spending all day in the Sky Lounge when cruising the New Zealand fjords and can't imagine doing that on the Edge. So I think the itinerary matters to me in this decision.