Celebrity Apex's Blocks Are In The House!

Tall-Cruiser

2 hours ago, hcat said:

I know many disagree with me  but that Enchanted dark forest was a real pain in the butt for me.  I  have low vision in the dark,  plus progressive lenses. The place was too dark for a hallway,,,pathway was  narrow and uneven,  and scooter users zipped through like it was a raceway.   We had to go through there each day to get to BLU for breakfast and dinner...and the  EDEN area.  They should relocate that installation to a  diff place!

Tiffany store was a waste of space...same stock and prices as the current catalogue.  That would be a good spot for a  reading area/ coffee bar.  Lots of jewely stores on board.  I got a nice EDGE prism spinnner  necklace  that I love, reasonable cost..    Hope to add to my EDGE collection in Nov, and after that APEX

Happy we are seeing  more APEX pics......

I definitely understand your points about the Enchanted Forrest.  I think the only alternative to get to Eden is to walk outside.

Interesting video of the workers working on IV windows. I think the guy on the left is working on 9158 and the completed one above that one is 10130. The one above that looks like accessible Sky Suite 11120, with part of the CS 11118 to the right, with a Penthouse above those on 12 - 12110. 🙂  Maybe they can remove the curtains once the windows are in.

She should be ready for her sea trials in a couple of months (scheduled for Jan).

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

On 10/26/2019 at 8:55 AM, TeeRick said:

I definitely understand your points about the Enchanted Forrest.  I think the only alternative to get to Eden is to walk outside.

hcat could also take the aft elevator down one deck and come up the spiral staircase by the pendulum. Easy peasy. 😉 

Can’t wait to see what they have for surprises on the Apex!

CE8FA510-D8ED-4BAE-8739-28799C3D29BE.thumb.jpeg.c0408c34d0c205a96ca36c2c3d305ada.jpeg

7FDBAEAD-FE1B-44B6-AC17-07C2080DBCA1.thumb.jpeg.cd376efed93685dc6817d47d4133b9e0.jpeg

B53DFDFF-79D3-439F-BC53-1FD0EDBA54E8.thumb.jpeg.05d1dce4a78f93ced811c33f81008247.jpeg

Edited by vtcruising

Sorry,  I appreciate the suggestions,   but stairways like that are quite treacherous for people with lower vision and progressive lenses...the little lights are killers!

We did go down once....and for the  EDGE Art tour I will be wearing sneakers and holding into dh as my anchor

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, hcat said:

Sorry,  I appreciate the suggestions,   but stairways like that are quite treacherous for people with lower vision and progressive lenses...the little lights are killers!

We did go down once....and for the  EDGE Art tour I will be wearing sneakers and holding into dh as my anchor

Understand! After my fall last year, I was verrrry careful going up and down those spiral staircases (they are beautiful to look at) 🙂.

Edited by vtcruising

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Understand! After my fall last year, I was verrrry careful going up and down those spiral staircases (they are beautiful to look at) 🙂.

Hope you are all healed up....you were so brave and  gracious!

21 minutes ago, hcat said:

Hope you are all healed up....you were so brave and  gracious!

All healed!  I don't know about brave, maybe a bit of an idiot.  I was very lucky - in retrospect, I really should have gone to the ER to be scanned since I hit that window frame so hard. I was bound and determined to board the Edge, no matter what - I did check my pupils in the mirror intermittently all night. 😉

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The curtains are coming off! The covers are still on are the IV's that don't have the windows installed yet.

139 days until she sails!

From Christian Plague - Shipspotting3080876.jpg

3080875.jpg

image.thumb.png.b77d010504e844b8dd8f006ee47221cf.png

from moustikblue

Edited by vtcruising
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to post this morning on our roll call about the passing of vtcruising.  I still cannot believe the news! As saddened as I feel about never seeing a post from Marilyn or now not getting to meet her in person, I cannot even imagine the pain her close friends and family must be feeling.  What a legacy she leaves behind! She was a wealth of cruising information, always so very kind and inclusive.  Following her and hcat during the building of the Edge was a daily delight for me and I learned so much information from them both.  It totally enhanced my trip onboard the Edge.  I knew so many tricks and tips that I could spend my precious time onboard exploring and enjoying the great artwork and installations! Rest in peace vtcruising!  CC has lost a very valuable member.

• Like 3

The build up to EDGE was so exciting...thanks to Lloyd and crew with photos...and of course Vt cruiser with all the mapping, research etc,.Hope her family feels all the love  from the Cruise Critic Community members at this  sad time,

Hope APEX  will be exciting too.  We are booked but not sure the dates we have will work out,  and without Vt  the EDGIE reunion  on APEX may be deferred. 

Vtcruising certainly made the buildup to the Edge very exciting, us Edgies couldn’t wait for her next postings and Llyod’s Pix.  We were lucky to sail with her twice.  The evening after her accident boarding the Edge she invited us for a pre-dinner glass of wine in their cabin.  We probably chatted for an hour and she was one of the most gracious and giving person one could meet.  It turned out she was a NICU NP and our niece just had 3 month premature twins both just over a pound.  Over the next year she followed up on those little fellows on a regular basis through the bad and the good and every email was so kind and reassuring.

We’ll all miss her Apex updates.  They’ll be quite a few toasts to Marilyn when we’re on Edge in January probably with a tear or two thrown in.  Katie

• Like 2

It was such good times communicating with VT and others as Edge was being built... discussing davit placement and other obstructions... what the IV cabins would be like... locating cabins on exterior photos etc.  Her posts really helped build the excitement for the ship....  Her misadventures with the medical staff on one of the early cruises were shared by all of us. She really got me active on CC. I am so sorry for her family and know that she will be sailing with all of us in spirit.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Oville said:

We’ll all miss her Apex updates.  They’ll be quite a few toasts to Marilyn when we’re on Edge in January probably with a tear or two thrown in.  Katie

I agree with you Katie. We will also make quite a few toasts to Marilyn when we sail on Edge around the Greek Isles, and I’m sure a few tears will be shed along the way. I expect to feel her bright spirit on every ship, beginning with Reflection next week🦋 Michelle 

Edited by Silkroad
  • Like 1

On 10/26/2019 at 8:55 AM, TeeRick said:

I managed better with the Forest (Avalon) on our Nov 15th EDGE cruise ..We used the passage way  fewer times because our dining was not in BLU.  We did use the circular  stairway  down/ up...going slow is the key!

I  nicknamed the forest the " Creepy Forest " early on...and even the Art Tour guude used that term so I guess it stuck!   Most folks like  the space or are intrigued by it,   I am now neutral.

I hope that the passage  way on APEX  offers something different.  I recall that  on S Class , the transitional paths to the Ensembe lounge and Specialty restaurants  each had a diff theme and sounds.

2 hours ago, hcat said:

I managed better with the Forest (Avalon) on our Nov 15th EDGE cruise ..We used the passage way  fewer times because our dining was not in BLU.  We did use the circular  stairway  down/ up...going slow is the key!

I  nicknamed the forest the " Creepy Forest " early on...and even the Art Tour guude used that term so I guess it stuck!   Most folks like  the space or are intrigued by it,   I am now neutral.

I hope that the passage  way on APEX  offers something different.  I recall that  on S Class , the transitional paths to the Ensembe lounge and Specialty restaurants  each had a diff theme and sounds.

Creepy Forest is a great description!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

I hope Celebrity Cruise Lines will do something to honor or remember VTCRUISING in the future.

me too

I was wondering yesterday when I first read this if they were aware of the scope of what she did and her positive influence.