Celebrity Apex's Blocks Are In The House!

Tall-Cruiser

On 3/6/2019 at 6:34 PM, hcat said:

They do have pianos on board...even if it was a pop up "show" it might be fun..or even piano player  song trivia!

They had Michael Reddon doing music trivia with his guitar in the Grand Plaza one day on our Jan cruise (he sang clips from songs). It was fun and well-attended (I listened in from above, but didn't participate). Maybe they will do something similar with a piano player at some point. Right now they seem to be listening to feedback and trying lots of new activities that weren't on the first cruises. It was like night and day from my December cruise to my January cruise and, looking at the Feb dailies, even better now. By the time you board in Nov, it will be perfect, I'm sure. 😉

• Like 1

I knew there was something I wanted to add to this thread, just remembered this morning. 

Talked with Priscilla regarding Apex and asked her about the Sky Suite balcony furniture and if it would be changing, take this for what its worth, but she said no because the balcony furniture had already been ordered for Apex.

I've personally decided to take this info with a grain of salt. I'd like to think that while that might be the case, there is still opportunity for X to make changes.

Please don't kill the messenger! :classic_blush:

37 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

It's orange again. 😜

Okay, it's growing on me. It's a good contrasting color for the blue. 🙂

Love the pictures! Thanks, Lloyd! I can't wait to see the modifications of the MC itself - hope they figured out a way of better wind protection.

Edited by vtcruising
  • Like 1

I have to say that I started looking at the Apex Inaugural just for the heck of it. Suites start at $5599 PP US for 8 nights (4/5/20) - AQ $3449, OV $2569, Insides are sold out. We are booked for Jan, 2021 and will just have to be patient....

3 hours ago, dmp223 said:

I knew there was something I wanted to add to this thread, just remembered this morning. 

Talked with Priscilla regarding Apex and asked her about the Sky Suite balcony furniture and if it would be changing, take this for what its worth, but she said no because the balcony furniture had already been ordered for Apex.

I've personally decided to take this info with a grain of salt. I'd like to think that while that might be the case, there is still opportunity for X to make changes.

Hopefully still a work in progress. There has been such an uproar and Edge suites are not sailing full so they may feel compelled to modify that order.  🙂

4 hours ago, dmp223 said:

Thanks so much for asking.

Though the answer hasn’t changed, I keep hoping that Corporate will eventually respond to their customers requests. It’s such an easy “fix”, but unfortunately X has spent a lot of money on inappropriate furniture and what are they going to do with it now? 

5 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

Thanks so much for asking.

Though the answer hasn’t changed, I keep hoping that Corporate will eventually respond to their customers requests. It’s such an easy “fix”, but unfortunately X has spent a lot of money on inappropriate furniture and what are they going to do with it now? 

I can see it now... listings for patio/balcony furniture on Craigslist... "No reasonable offer refused, you must pick up" :classic_biggrin:

I did ask where all of the rockers went but never received a straight answer there. 

35 minutes ago, dmp223 said:

I can see it now... listings for patio/balcony furniture on Craigslist... "No reasonable offer refused, you must pick up" :classic_biggrin:

I did ask where all of the rockers went but never received a straight answer there. 

I sincerely hope that X execs have learned a valuable lesson from Verandagate: personally test all furniture use BEFORE purchase.

They could have a special offering for the rockers, buy one, get one free with any suite booking. :classic_smile:

7 hours ago, vtcruising said:

They had Michael Reddon doing music trivia with his guitar in the Grand Plaza one day on our Jan cruise (he sang clips from songs). It was fun and well-attended (I listened in from above, but didn't participate). Maybe they will do something similar with a piano player at some point. Right now they seem to be listening to feedback and trying lots of new activities that weren't on the first cruises. It was like night and day from my December cruise to my January cruise and, looking at the Feb dailies, even better now. By the time you board in Nov, it will be perfect, I'm sure. 😉

We'll look for the afternoon guitar music trivia..sounds like fun.

We are looking forward to the Nov EDGE ABCs...It'll be  our first Sunset Balcony and we are trying the 4 mdrs plus Elite breakfasts more often  ( we won't have BLU)

I agree that X is listening and adjusting to feedback!

I thought the rockers could have  been re-located  to the area where you turn left in EDEN for the Cafe,.. They could have easily fit there...all lined up like an indoor  porch...a place where you could just sit,

Looking forward to seeing what changes and what stays the same on APEX and beyond,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

I sincerely hope that X execs have learned a valuable lesson from Verandagate: personally test all furniture use BEFORE purchase.

They could have a special offering for the rockers, buy one, get one free with any suite booking. :classic_smile:

If they don't, they may be booking sky suites with buy one, get one free...😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmp223 said:

I would proudly put a Kelly Hoppen rocker in my living room, though I imagine they make us take 5 free KH pillows too. 😉

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hcat said:

I thought the rockers could have  been re-located  to the area where you turn left in EDEN for the Cafe,.. They could have easily fit there...all lined up like an indoor  porch...a place where you could just sit,

Hcat, one issue with those rockers was they were a bit of a weapon.  My husband had quite a large bruise on his ankle when said ankle collided with the front of one of the rockers while passing by.  Fortunately he had socks on.

We are very much looking forward to our return on Edge in AQ 4/7.  It will be great trying Blu and comparing it to Luminae.  Also like you we didn’t dislike the IV cabin when we took a short cruise in December. This will be our third time on Edge and it will be interesting to see what has changed from our 1/20 cruise.  Katie

On 3/8/2019 at 3:54 AM, ecslady said:

Ah, yes, Perry....I've been around that long too! But, I always considered that Perry's place....LOL.  Never was a fan.

Didn’t he go to Princess and become an American citizen?

17 hours ago, Lloyd555 said:

It's orange again. 😜

received_2281708201881420.jpeg

She's going up fast - I can't see them making any major changes at all to be honest. Wonder if Mr Edge will have a brother ?

9 hours ago, Oville said:

My husband had quite a large bruise on his ankle when said ankle collided with the front of one of the rockers while passing by.

I just wish they had made the rockers smaller. I think they added some charm to the living area. They talked about using 3D technology to design the ship, but the people in the computer models aren't human so would never trip over the protruding rocking chair runners. As I've said before, they need to involve CC members in the designing! 🙂

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Wonder if Mr Edge will have a brother ?

I'd love to see a leaping whale sculpture positioned to look as if it was leaping onto the deck. Now that would get some double takes! 🙂   Free Willy???

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Oville said:

Hcat, one issue with those rockers was they were a bit of a weapon.  My husband had quite a large bruise on his ankle when said ankle collided with the front of one of the rockers while passing by.  Fortunately he had socks on.

We are very much looking forward to our return on Edge in AQ 4/7.  It will be great trying Blu and comparing it to Luminae.  Also like you we didn’t dislike the IV cabin when we took a short cruise in December. This will be our third time on Edge and it will be interesting to see what has changed from our 1/20 cruise.  Katie

Ooh...guess  large rockers at sea was just a bad idea...esp in staterooms. Sorry for the bruise..

Hope you enjoy AQ Class and BLU on EDGE,  and the Thermal Suite and Relaxation Room....You can see part of the  suites outdoor area from the relaxation rm...looking forward to you reactions!

18 hours ago, dmp223 said:

I hope to see the Rockers on ebay - I think I would buy one if the price is right.  It was the most comfortable furniture we had in our CS on Edge.  

2 hours ago, cruise47 said:

Celebrity could donate those rockers to nursing homes across America and take a nice tax credit IMHO.

Or donated to hospital neonatal units for babies to be rocked to sleep. 😊

• Like 1