Cabins with forward-facing beds on Regatta

musicmom3

We prefer to face forward rather than travel facing backward on trains and ships, and I'm wondering if there is some way to figure out which cabins have forward-facing beds on deck 7 on Regatta. When we selected our stateroom for our very enjoyable first Oceania cruise on Marina, we learned here on Cruise Critic to look at the notches on the staterooms to figure out which way the beds were facing (we chose #10057). But those notches aren't a part of the Regatta deck plans. Can anybody help?

If you look at the cabin maps you will see a recessed area where 2 cabins meet. This is the entry door. The beds are on the wall opposite of the door. This has been the layout on the 4 different O ships l have cruised on.

This information is for the A & B cabins.

Edited by drobbins20
add cabin info

17 minutes ago, drobbins20 said:

If you look at the cabin maps you will see a recessed area where 2 cabins meet. This is the entry door. The beds are on the wall opposite of the door. This has been the layout on the 4 different O ships l have cruised on.

This information is for the A & B cabins.

Not  really  on the R class ships

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/insignia/deck-plans/

there is no recessed doorway on the deck plans like on the O class ships

Musicmom3 you raise a point I look at too. There is a cruise deck plans com site. Under the line/ship/category choices are a number of cabin pictures. Many of them have the cabin number in the caption. That should give you a start for the alternating pattern. In the broadside photos of the R ships there are three places with extra width balcony pillars between the cabins. These run top deck to bottom because of the firewalls. They may break the cabin layout pattern so try all four R class ships to see if you can get close to the cabins you are looking at. This point is emphasized as the deck 6 & 7 balcony framing is in pairs except for the first cabin aft of the aft firewall (forward edge of the smokestack).

Bill

You may want to check out this wonderful spread sheet someon ehas made for the Azamara ships, they are the same layout as the small Oceania ones. Some people have also added which way the bed faces, this is something I always like to know if possible.

Happy planning.

Rosalyn

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=355520

6 hours ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

You may want to check out this wonderful spread sheet someon ehas made for the Azamara ships, they are the same layout as the small Oceania ones. Some people have also added which way the bed faces, this is something I always like to know if possible.

Happy planning.

Rosalyn

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=355520

Thanks! What a great idea to compile such a document. The two rooms listed in the category we're looking at show 1 aft and 1 forward...but the forward one is right next to the elevators so that one probably won't work for us. This may be a case for our travel agent to solve!

On 11/2/2018 at 4:09 AM, Two4Sea said:

Musicmom3 you raise a point I look at too. There is a cruise deck plans com site. Under the line/ship/category choices are a number of cabin pictures. Many of them have the cabin number in the caption. That should give you a start for the alternating pattern. In the broadside photos of the R ships there are three places with extra width balcony pillars between the cabins. These run top deck to bottom because of the firewalls. They may break the cabin layout pattern so try all four R class ships to see if you can get close to the cabins you are looking at. This point is emphasized as the deck 6 & 7 balcony framing is in pairs except for the first cabin aft of the aft firewall (forward edge of the smokestack).

Bill

Thanks for this info...just filled up my coffee cup and heading over to that site now to see if it helps crack the code of the forward-facing-bed pattern!

24 minutes ago, ORV said:

Our bed faces starboard. Of course we're in an aft room. 

One of the nicest suites we were ever in had beds that faced our balcony so you looked straight out at the sea while sitting in bed! It faced the port side. Gorgeous views from sunrise to sunset. 

Personally, I can't imagine why it matters which direction the bed faces, but to each his own. :classic_cool:

Just now, Go-Bucks! said:

One of the nicest suites we were ever in had beds that faced our balcony so you looked straight out at the sea while sitting in bed! It faced the port side. Gorgeous views from sunrise to sunset. 

Personally, I can't imagine why it matters which direction the bed faces, but to each his own. :classic_cool:

I'm with you, I really don't care. 

On 11/5/2018 at 9:40 AM, Go-Bucks! said:

Our avatar is off our view looking out while lying in bed.  

Yes, our feet "got in the way" a bit :classic_wink:

This is our absolutely favorite view, especially when it is a forward-looking view, such as right above or below the Bridge.

(We are sorry that the Riviera and Marina don't have any forward-facing PH suites.  We'd pounce on those, even though the bed doesn't face the window.  It also matters how close to the window the bed is.  What a way to wake up in the morning!)

GC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Go-Bucks! said:

I've seen that, but I was hoping that YOU didn't have to.  (Was just a joke after your comment sounded funny).

I do not HAVE too but  have  napped on the way home from  work on occasion   much harder to nap on the streetcar  as they jostle you about  🤣

I have a really bad motion sickness issue. Well controlled with dramamine and/or patch depending on the seas, but there are lifestyle tips that can make the difference between a fun cruise and a queasy tummy. I need to sit in the dining room facing forward and I remake the bed backwards if I'm stuck with a rear facing bed. Keep a supply of ginger ale and ginger candy too. I certainly can understand why people who don't suffer from sea sickness have no idea why it is so important. I don't have any problem with an inside cabin but I can't look out when the ship is moving if I have a balcony cabin. Being out on the balcony is not a problem.

Mary