No power on Empress

10 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

In terminal waiting almost 3 hours to board.  I'm checked in but there are a substantial number of people still waiting to check in.  

They started the process to board people manually.

Consider yourself lucky this happened on the smallest ship in the fleet - imagine if this happened on say, Mariner.

Edited by Biker19

1 hour ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

I just love the way they keep everyone updated.As I was typing the Captain announced that we would sailing about 6pm.

Just more lies.... after the muster drill the CD announced the problem still isn't fixed. No revised departure time announced.

On 11/3/2018 at 9:09 AM, Sloppy Sue said:

We were on Empress last week so I am super curious to know what ended up happening with your trip...

Finally sailed around 11pm was 1.5 hrs late arriving at Nassau. Only RCI TV working no Satellite TV on entire trip.  

12 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Finally sailed around 11pm was 1.5 hrs late arriving at Nassau. Only RCI TV working no Satellite TV on entire trip.  

We are on the empress on Nov 19th.  Do you think we will be sailing, or will they pull it for maintenance?  Have you heard anaything? 

2 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

You will sail, don't worry.

Thanks.  I hope the rest of the cruise was good.  Was it?  Was it only the first day that was messed up?  In the old days when something like that happened they would open the bar up- I guess they don't do anything for "inconvenience" anymore.  Started cruising in 1978- sure is different now!  

17 hours ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

At least the Empress departed.  Have a great cruise.   Bet lots of cruisers were disappointed because they did not have FNC or other TV channels.

• 2 weeks later...

Having been in charge of passing informations to people, I am very sure no one lied on purpose. There is no way for anyone, even the people working on the repair to know how long it will take, everyone is making best estimates and can only tell you what they are told. 

Seem like the biggest problem you had was having to wait 3 hours, so not the end of the world.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:43 PM, DallasGuy75219 said:

Just more lies.... after the muster drill the CD announced the problem still isn't fixed. No revised departure time announced.

Comments like this are part of the reason that companies prefer not to keep passengers updated during a situation.

Lies are intentionally false statements. Not good faith statements that later prove to be untrue.

Edited by broberts