San Pedro rental car...can I park it at the pier for 1 night pre disembarkation?

edgee

Our ship (Crystal Serenity) arrives at noon in San Pedro on a Thursday. Disembarkation from the ship does not occur until the following (Friday) morning. So, we have an afternoon/evening to explore the LA area while still being passengers on the ship. Since we are planning to stay in the LA area post disembarkation for about a week and will need a rental car anyway, is it feasible to rent a car on the afternoon we arrive, use it to do touring in LA, then park it at the pier overnight. Then the next morning after disembarking we would get our luggage to the car and be on our way. One advantage of renting the car the day before we disembark would be that we could Uber to a nearby rental car office without having to schlep our luggage. So questions are:

!.Can I park my rental car reasonably close to the San Pedro cruise terminal for one night at a reasonable price?

2. What are recommended rental car locations fairly near San Pedro pier for me to get a car?

3. Are there any other logistical issues we should be concerned with such as getting lots of luggage to the parking facility after we disembark, or can one of us walk to the car and then meet the other with luggage close to exit from the cruise terminal?

4. Does my plan seem feasible or not feasible for any reasons I have not thought of?

Thanks for any advice on this!

Ed 

Easy...

Parking in the World Cruise Center lot costs $18 per day or portion thereof...You can park there any time...You get a ticket when you enter, pay by cash or credit card when you leave...The lot is DIRECTLY in front of the cruise terminals...

Closest car rental agencies are Hertz and Enterprise...both are right by the Crowne Plaza Hotel--about 3 or 4 blocks easy walk--or very short Uber ride--from the terminal...Enterprise might even pick you up...Be aware, though, that both offices close at 1:00 pm Saturday and are closed on Sunday...So, if your ship pulls into port on a Saturday, get to the office prior to 1:00 pm...If it arrives on a Sunday, you'll probably have to Uber over to Long Beach or Torrance and pick up a car there.  Most of the rental companies have offices in Downtown Long Beach and at Long Beach Airport...or also at Torrance or LAX...Check rates carefully for drop-off fees...it make sense to Uber to LAX and pick up the car there...though the lack of hassle makes San Pedro more attractive if it';s not Sunday...

Were it me and I was renting the car the day before disembarkation, I'd bring my luggage out to the car and lock it in the trunk the night before and just keep what I need for the morning with me on the ship to make disembarkation very easy.  If you find a good parking spot in the Cruise Center lot, you might be as close as 50-100 feet from the front door of the terminal...