Ordering Luggage Tags

mfrc

I checked in online for our cruise a month from today and no where did I see an option for me to order my tags. I received my EDOCS but therewas  no link for ordering them-just to print them. I never had an issue before ..Is there something I am missing...

On our Canada/New England cruise, we had luggage tags inserted into the hard plastic holders.  Then could not find them.  So we went to the dock, the staff put cheap tags on, and our bags arrived promptly.  When we got home, we found the missing luggage tags. 

49 minutes ago, mfrc said:

I checked in online for our cruise a month from today and no where did I see an option for me to order my tags. I received my EDOCS but therewas  no link for ordering them-just to print them. I never had an issue before ..Is there something I am missing...

I think they are available 45 days before sailing.  Are you within 45 days?

Ours didn't become available for order online or by phone until 45 days before. I called at that time and they arrived 6 days later. Call Captains Club 800-760-0654 and ask if they are available. If yes, ask them to please mail you a set.

• Like 1

There have been a lot of threads about ordering luggage tags on-line and it is not uncommon for people to have problems for on-line ordering.  Sure it works occassionly for some people and it is sometimes difficult for others to find the link to order the luggage tags but it doesn't appear to be worth the hassle to try to order the tags on-line.   Standard practice for me is to call the Captain's Club Rep and ask them to send the tags.  I think that's the best path for the OP and others who would like the tags from Celebrity.

Good Luck

There's an old saying that the classic definition of insanity is when you keep doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Therefore, since ordering luggage tags online on the buggy website has been a problem as long as Celebrity has been "offering" this option, I'm one rat that has refused to run the maze!  Once I see that they are available online I just call Captains Club and nicely ask the pleasant rep who answers my call to please mail a set. It works consistently well! One One week later,they are in my mailbox....voila! (Sometimes, just for jollies, 😈 after I receive them I order another set online and see if they actually arrive and if they do, how long it takes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CEOofVacation said:

I also called this morning and they will send out the blank ones to me.  They said they have an ongoing problem with the system that prints names and cabin numbers.

If the luggage tags Celebrity is sending you are blank, then why not print the luggage tags from your eDocs? At least all the info is already on them. 

36 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If the luggage tags Celebrity is sending you are blank, then why not print the luggage tags from your eDocs? At least all the info is already on them. 

Eliminates the need for taping and stapling the luggage tags!  I much prefer the sturdier, mailed type. 

Here is my luggage tag story for my November 18 Silhouette cruise.  Ordered on line and did not get them.  Called Captain's Club, and she said she would send.  A few days later I had a package delivered by FedEx Express.  Inside were 40 sets of luggage tags!!!  Only one of those was mine.  So, if you are on that sailing I probably have your luggage tags :classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

Carolyn

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had been ordering luggage tags online before Celebrity's system upgrade.  This April I had to call Captain's Club because the online system was not working and I received nicely printed ones.  For next month's cruise, button to order online is there but all attempts went into a black hole and Captain's Club told me that it is a known problem that they could not print luggage tags.  Not sure when this latest problem started but it is not working.

Edited by CEOofVacation

3 hours ago, wizfourfam said:

Eliminates the need for taping and stapling the luggage tags!  I much prefer the sturdier, mailed type. 

I do too. Never had blank ones though. Never wait to get them from the porters either. We have luggage tag holders as a back up so no need for tape or staples especially cruising with RC. 

Edited by davekathy

1 minute ago, DENIE said:

I do prefer the sturdier ones as well.  Our last Celebrity cruise we received them a week or so after I requested them.  I think I will probably call the Captains Club at this point....

That's what I do now. Always get them with a week of ordering them. 

22 hours ago, CEOofVacation said:

Same here, ordered online 2 weeks ago and have yet to receive them.  I guess we have to call Captains Club to have them mail them out.  Wonderful Celebrity online system, NOT.

We got ours about 5 days after I was finally able to order them online